16.6K views

The whole purpose of having a DVR is to record programs while you are away or to record a program while you watch another. With Dish Network you cannot view any other channel while recording. I called Dish Network support and they told me to record on second TV. That's OK as long as someone else is not watching another program on the second TV.

With today's technology I find this hard to believe that a major supplier of TV programming is not capable of doing this. I just changed over from cable and never imagined Dish Network was so out of date technologically speaking. You can rest assured I will inform any and all friends, family, co-workers and anyone who will listen not to purchase Dish Network.

Very Dissatisfied Customer.

Review about: Dish Network Tv Service.

Comments

They flat-out lied to us and told us you could record up to four shows at once with a single Hopper.WRONG.

You can only record ONE show at a time, and that's only if you're a.) not watching anything else on the Hopper, or b.) have a Joey box not watching anything else. They keep insisting that it must be a "scheduling conflict" (it isn't) or that we're trying to record five shows at once (we're not). Also, Netflix does not work on the Joey box anymore-- the box just freezes up, starts to overheat, and has to be shut down. Dish's response?

"Call Netflix, it's an issue with your account." Uh.. no. It's not. It works fine literally everywhere else, and used to work fine until you updated the software in our boxes.

Also, YouTube is just GONE from the Hopper, and there is no way to put it back, apparently. But I guess that's YouTube's fault now, huh? Weird, I didn't know YouTube and Netflix made the Hoppers/Joeys, and I didn't know they could remotely access our Hoppers/Joeys and change the software. /sarcasm

Oh, yes, not to mention that Hoppers and Joeys are now wirelessly powered!

Seriously.. the tech told us that I could not unplug the power cord from the back to do a power cycle, that it had to be unplugged from the outlet itself, because the box would still get power even if the cord was unplugged from the back of it. Not that the power supply needed to cool down/discharge static. No, the box is still getting full power even if the power cord is not attached to it.

*facepalm* If things actually worked that way, I'd have a whole different setup in my house because I wouldn't need to use outlets, morons.

The real kicker? Even if they were willing to admit a problem with the equipment (which they won't), we still have to pay to have a tech come look at it, then pay to replace it. Oh, and if we cancel our service because it doesn't work, they'll still charge us a cancellation fee.

So in other words.."We know it's messed up, but we're not going to admit that, and we'll charge you money if you try and get us to fix our mistakes, and we'll also charge you money if you go elsewhere because we want to charge you for a service that doesn't work right."

I just got dish today and they told me my total was 472.I told them no and they lowered it but still took out 472.

From my account and it is the worzt xable ever. They even charged me 5 dollars to upgrade to thr package that i was originally supposed to have. Outrageous!!!!!!!

I hate comcast but i like them better than this crap.Comcast im coming back.

Yes. Very frustrating. I could do it so easily with Time Warner Cable.

Yepp dish sucks.Always known it but now it's official.

What's the point in having two tv's and DVR if I can't watch something on each and record at the same time?!Get your *** together DISH

to Anonymous #1423959

The problem is you...not dish. System is fully capable

Meadville, Pennsylvania, United States #1300353

I agree.It is crazy.

We are forced to get cable for channels that are useless to begin with it.

When there are only a few you want to watch, one can not record wile watching another.I tried the other TV deal and it did not work.

South El Monte, California, United States #1288578

Wow I don't know what you guys are doing different but I have had dish for years and can easily watch a program while recording a different show.In fact you can record two and still watch something different.

There are four different colored oblong buttons, while watching a show if you press the red one it will show you your tuners.If one is recording you can scroll down to the next one .

to Anonymous #1373115

Thank you South El Monte, but I pressed the red oblong button...then green...

then yellow...then blue. Same result with all.

Absolutely nothing.They are obviously there to decorate the remote with no real purpose.

to Sheila #1415596

You guys have old dish network equipment maybe a 722 or a 622 dvr call and complain and upgrade to a hopper 3 you can watch a show and record 15 more for the same dvr charge per month u need an equipment upgrade is all

to Shawn #1429054

We have Hopper 3, and it still does not work. Their customer service/tech support is a joke. They told us we can always buy another Hopper 3 and see if it works better than the one they gave us.

Frankfort, Kentucky, United States #1285361

This is frustrating!!!I think they they have this set up that way intentionally

thinking there customers will buy one of those HOPPER things!!

Not me.....I will survive while I'm recording and I can watch my other recorded shows!!All about the $$$$!!!

We r having the same problem I switched from directv never had this issue I would not recommend anyone to make the move to dish

Blair, Wisconsin, United States #1266970

I hear you. *** me off too. You're not alone

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #1243558

Thank you some one feels my frustration

#1201917

It may depend on your box.I have 2 panels to push in to open and the lights are in the middle.

Push in the right panel and see if you have a mode button.

If you do push it and it should change.Then test it out by hitting record then see if you can switch the channel.

to Anonymous #1385942

This worked! Thank you so much!

I totally agree with you. I'm going back to Direct

I record something and view another show all the time with the joey hopper from dish its great

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #1057530

I too find this very sad. I would have kept my cable if I had known.

Thanks for posting.I thought I must be doing something wrong.

You are correct, what a joke!

Dish isn't even as good as a DVR.