2.1
Coverage Area
Style and Design

My 2 year contract ended and they doubled my bill. I spoke with a woman this morning about bringing my bill back down to what it was previously at and signing another 2 year contract.

She said the lowest price she could do was still $40 more than what I was paying. I told her, there’s no other option in bringing it down and she very rudely informed me that “this is the lowest possible price.” So I asked if my boyfriend signed up as a new customer if that would qualify us for more deals/options, she snapped back at me “this is the new customer price” in an incredibly irritated tone. I told her I would be calling back. So I did my research and spoke another company who I have my internet through and they gave me a WAY better deal and were much more friendly.

So I called back and spoke to a man this time and informed him that since my contract was up that I would like to cancel. He asked me why and I explained the entire situation to him. He was friendly at first and offered me a price $10 lower than the first lady (hmm thought that was the lowest possible price???) so I nicely told him that no, the other company offered a much better price. He then asked what company and I told him and began bashing on them and saying that they were going to raise my bill without notice and that he was looking at their site and there’s no way they offered me a lower price with the same channels, which I found EXTREMELY unprofessional.

So after him finally stopping and letting me get a word in I told him “okay thank you but I already locked in a price with them and it’s set up to get installed already” he became agitated and began telling me that there’s no possible way that they were cheaper and that it was up to me but that they’re not as good as Dish etc. etc. I couldn’t even get a word in. So I became frustrated and hung up the phone, thinking I would call back later.

So after I got off of work I called back again and spoke to another woman (much friendlier than the other two) who said that it appeared as though my account was cancelled already, so I told her “hm that’s weird because the guy I spoke to wouldn’t let me get a word in” so I waited on hold forever while she waited for someone from “back office” to get into my account and check. She then informed me that I still had a one year contract, after the guy told me my contract was up and that is why my bill was higher. I explained this to her and she said it was because I added an additional tv to my service when I moved... dumb but okay.

So I asked her if I could have the cancellation fee waived, as the guy I spoke to said my contract was up. She told me no and that their “policy” is to cancel if the customer hangs up. What??? No confirmation, no letting me know that I supposedly still had 1 year on my contract.

What if my phone had accidentally disconnected? What in the world kind of policy is that??? So I tried to get her to let me speak with a manager and she refused and told me that she had the same privledges as management... if a customer wants to speak with a manager, you let them.

I have been in customer service sinc I was 16 years old and have never ever treated a customer the way these three service reps treated me. Unacceptable. I will be trying to get into contact with corporate and making sure none of my family or friends ever becomes a customer of this “company”. I felt so disrespected and undervalued as a customer.

I will never use Dish’s services again. Never.

I will post a review on every possible website to inform everyone of the experience they will receive as customers. I am very disappointed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Tv Package.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

You’ll get in contact with corporate, hear what you want to hear, be brushed off, because there is nothing to change. Just remember, the customer is frequently not right.

to Boogey Man #1485813

And companies that repeat the same mistakes close down

to Anonymous #1488975

They’ll do just fine. You, on the other hand, is questionable.