1.7

I got rid of my Dish some years ago because service weather disruptions which appeared to be the downside of satellite service. Due to wanting to save money I subscribed again to Dish Feb 2015 because of their heavily advertised "lower monthly cost".

AND, I was to told that Dish 'didn't have service disruptions anymore' due to weather. Fool that I was, I believed the sales person. Then the installer told me it was best to install dish on my garage. Since installation I have had nothing but one service disruption after another, i.e.

any slight breeze, light rain or snow, my service goes off from a few minutes to hours. When calling Dish I was told I would have to pay a $95 service call to have the dish adjusted. Or, I could have their service protection plan for a required 6 months at $8/month to cover a service call. Or, at 75 years of age, climb up on the garage roof and clear the dish myself!

I was also told that they did NOT recommend installation on roof tops, just on the ground. I asked Why didn't the installer know this??? No answer. Poorly trained or lousy techs that don't know or don't care.

Apparently I was sold a bill of goods by Dish personnel just to get a sale under their false pretense of saving costs over cable or other providers. Because I cannot afford to cancel and pay off the contract I am stuck with a 2 year contract with Dish and their deceptive practices of squeezing more money out of the customer-which makes Dish cost as much as any other providers out there. Since it is impossible for me to cancel and pay off the contract I am stuck with Dish's lousy service for another year when I plan to cancel them and go back to something I can depend on for all the money I pay every month. I would rather pay more per month and know I will get good service than to be fooled into thinking Dish is the least expensive and best.

There is nothing about Dish that makes their service more attractive than others.

Don't be fooled, stay away from DISH!

This person wrote the review because of not as described of dish network installation from Dish Network. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Dish Network to "cancel my contract and go back to another provider i can depend on".

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dish Network for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments