I got the exact same call today from dish loyalty program. However, their professionalism was way too bad.

I found that they were very interested in me calling and giving them the green dot number. What convinced me was their ability to add HBO and STARZ channel to my account. They also knew how much I was paying monthly which is way too personal information. Be very careful and do not fall to their gimmick.

I almost did.

I now called up Dish because, as I said their professionalism was lacking in the way they hounded me for money, and to my surprise dish told me that this is a scam and I should not fall for it. I've to rethink about having dish as my provider.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Account.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 24, 2012.

Comments

Newark, New Jersey, United States #641262

another victim. $375.

How can we get hold of these guys. I know they are operating from India.

Just an hour ago, I got the same call from a "chinese" sounding person putting on an american accent with difficulty. The offer was that I would pay 50% of my bill if I pay for a year now. They also seem to know my monthly bill, the credit card that use to pay for it. Yes, they were also able to add HBO to my account instantly.

However, once they mentioned Green Dot Moneypak as a method of payment, I went googling and found many problems with their offer. Do not fall for this scam.

It's a dangerous sign that some scammers have access to users' personal data at Dish network and they were able to modify users' programming.

Thanks but no thanks,

That is great to hear that you got your issue cleared up! I understand your concern with giving your account information and please just note that you are always welcome to email us so we can provide you with the best assistance.

I would like to hear from you if you'd care to share your situation or any questions you have with me. My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and wish you a wonderful day!

After my experience with Dish loyalty rewards program, I'm not sharing anything with anyone over a web-forum. I will call dish on their toll free number and talk to them. I got my account straightened out though.

Thanks again.

Geevikram,

Your concern is certainly understandable and it would be my pleasure to help you with that! If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to have a look at your account so I can review everything and get this straightened out for you.

Please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com and I appreciate your efforts! I'll look forward to speaking with you!