Dear Sirs, June 29, 2013

I received an automated call from Dish yesterday stating that an automatic charge to my card had been declined. This was strange as I have a bill showing I owe a zero balance dated April 2013, and I cancelled Dish service at the end of November 2012.

I called and spoke to a rep of course after having to navigate through level after level of voicemail. Successfully completing this procedure without wrecking my vehicle I was disturbed by the following unethical revelations I received after speaking with the rep. Let me first be clear however, the rep was polite and answered all of my questions.

I was told that an amount of $130.91 was a “charge off”. I inquired about the date and was told April 7 2013. This corresponds with the $130.91 credit (or so I thought) I received on my April statement. This led to my next question. “If it is a charge off, why is Dish still trying to debit my card as it is now a balance of zero”. Her answer is that it wasn’t a charge off yet. My next question was “why do I have a statement showing a zero balance with a $130.91 credit?” So then I was told it was a charge off and it had been assigned to a collection agency. There are so many levels of unethical business practice it is hard to unravel the layers.

First a charge off is a zero balance. It is written off on your Federal and state taxes. By trying to collect money that has been charged off you are committing several highly questionable tactics. Possible Fraud on the state and federal levels as well as on me, as you were trying to debit my card when I owed you nothing.

Secondly, if it has been assigned to a collection agency you have made a contract with them that if they collect the money they get their percentage. So they are putting their effort into collections and if you collect directly from the “delinquent” customer then you have cut the collection agency out of their contractually promised fee. Do your collection agencies know this is your practice? I am willing to bet they don’t or they would no longer serve you.

This all started over the $130.91. I moved on November 15, 2012. The $130.91 is billing through December 6, a period in which I was not using the service. I called a Dish rep in December and asked to have an actual paper final invoice sent so I could verify the charges. While waiting for the invoice that never came, my credit card was hit for around $500.00 in charges. This was a credit card I had not used for years. I still have the equipment packed in the shipping boxes.

Heres the wrap. You have accomplished several things. I will never pay the $130.91. And now I will never consider Dish again, and I am sending a copy of this letter to your collection agency. I am also considering posting this on my face book page lets see maybe daily or several times a day perhaps.

Sincerely,

Tim Grugle

Review about: Dish Network Account.

Comments

MikeLDISH123
Conroe, Texas, United States #783252

Anonymous,

I understand this isn't the most convenient or pleasant situation to be in and would be happy to review your information if you could please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com!