Update by user Jan 28, 2013

I actually won with them!I made a complaint to the BBB stating exactly what they had done and what they stated to me on the phone calls.

I was not making 'side-deals' with a CSR. I was renewing a contract. After they received my complaint. I got a letter from corporate and they honored everything to a "t".

I just came off the year they promised and my bill only increased $10 per month. :grin It just took more than complaing to them directly. They don't want to work with their customers. They need an extra push.

Too bad they made me go to the extra work to get what they promised, but I am glad I did.:)

Original review posted by user Feb 22, 2012

I am in TX and am ready to join forces with any one that is ready to file a class action suit for deceptive business practice.I am fed up!

I have been their customer for years and called them last December to negotiate a lower bill for my service. I told their CS REP that I was interested in going with Uverse but would stay a loyal customer to dish if they could make me an offer to stay. THEIR CS rep OFFERED to lower my bill by $20 a month. I took their bait!

***! I have been on the phone with them at least 5 times trying to get my bill to match the promise of THEIR employee. I am now in a new 24 month contract and bound by their threats of charging my bank account for their equipment if I cancel, and wait for a credit at the return of the equipment at their leisure, of course. I told the last person at their company in the customer loyalty department that I would pay what their rep promised me in December and not a penny more and she needed to add the notes to my account and credit my account until it was even and clear that day.

She stated she had done all those things. My bill came as no surprise two days ago with a $7 late charge and $30 balance forward! All they do is teach their employees to lie. I signed into a new contract in December 2011 due to their promise of a lower bill and they have yet to honor their part of this contract by billing me correctly at the rates they quoted me that lured me into this "contract".

What's next? Notifications on my screen when I don't pay bills that are not an amount I signed up for? Now I have had to spend no less than five hours of my time on the phone arguing that I am not paying more than what their employee quoted to me. Now I am spending more time here researching what rights we have as consumers.

I am finding out on this forum... Not many. I may not get far either, but I am going forward with all the steps BBB, FTC, Attorney General, and certified letters to their corporate offices.

How do we band together?How can we stop them?

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

google and read carefully " ASSURANCE OF VOLUNTARY COMPLIANCE" Dish Network.

Attorney's General in 46 States went together and sued Dish Network 3 years ago. They won big-time including a 6 million dollar fine for just the type *** everybody here is complaining about.

Although in the name it says "voluntary", there is nothing voluntary about what Dish Network can and cannot do.

They can't do squat to you unless they complied with every word in that "agreement"

except steal your money. Close your bank account get a new one, same with credt/debit card and then tell them to stick-it.

They probably will screw with your credit rating, in which case hollar like crazy with out let up to your state Attorney General and state legislators pointing out the google and read carefully " ASSURANCE OF VOLUNTARY COMPLIANCE" Dish Network.

They can screw with your credit, in which case scream bloody murder...

Your best bet at this point it to cancel the service entirely. Pay the early cancellation charges (I know, it's like $300, just pay it) and be done with them forever. Otherwise they WILL take the money themselves and it likely will include extra late fees and equipment charges if you let it go that far.

You will not win a lawsuit against them, and even when someone does (like against DirecTV that happened) then you can't enforce it anyway and the law doesn't care.

Debiting your bank account is pretty easy for them to do.You signed a contract saying you would pay through the nose if you cancelled.

They do this all the time.Same with DirecTV, but you might try Comcast, the last rep I spoke with from Comcast said they don't require contracts.

Pay what they ask, or cancel their service and pay for the cancellation charges.And stop trying to make little side-deals with customer reps on the phone.

That's just dumb to expect them to follow through.If it isn't in writing, it didn't happen.