I called to get Dish in my home. The tech came out to install the dish.

It took him 5 hours, and he clearly did not know what he was doing in my opinion. He wound up knocking the power out in the walls of my living room. because he cut through a wire in the wall while cutting a hole for the cable. I called his superiors to tell them there was damage, and filed a claim.

This was over 6-7 months ago. I held my payment back in November, and demanded that something be done about the damage. We had everything in our livingroom running on extension cords! They apologized (again), and finally sent someone out to take pictures of the damage.

The young man who came to take the photos moved the wire while he was taking pictures, and it sparked fire out at him! He told me there should be no problem getting this fixed, because there is clearly damage. I waited to hear back from someone, never did, so i called again. This time I was told that they never recieved the pictures, and that I should pay to get it fixed myself and send them the bill.

I was also told that I would not get any credit for my inconvenience, or damage until i pay for the repairs myself. I did call an electrician, and got an estimate. I sent the estimate, and still never heard back from Dish. Today my bill is twice what I was quoted, because they say once I let the service go off in November I lost my promotional pricing.

The only reason we held our payment is because they damged my landlord's house! I do not own my house, I rent.

I am now liable for this high bill, and the damages because of the incompetent tech person who installed this crappy service. Worst mistake I ever made was calling to switch to Dish!

Comments

DanB@Dish Network
Aurora, Colorado, United States #625421

I'm sorry for the trouble you have been having. The last thing we want is for you to have to deal with this type of issue.

I will be more than hhappy to help you resolve this. Please send me an e-mail at:Daniel.Busa@DISH.com so that I can assist you with this further.