After cancelling my account with Comcast, I decided to look into Dish after I was mailed an ad stating that I would get free HD for life, a Hopper, and free installation. PERFECT! All for about half of what Comcast cost. I called the number on the ad and specified what channel I wanted and had the representative repeat that I was indeed going to get that channel with the package I ordered, free HD for life, and a Hopper.

I paid the deposit and verBally agreed to a contract over the phone.

The AD also stated that we would get same day installation. I was then transferred to the installation scheduling department who told me that they do NOT offer same day installation and that they can not control all the ads that go out. What?! Ok, I let that one go. When the installer came to my house, I told him that I did not want the dish on my house but instead on a tripod to which he agreed. I stayed outside to work on the yard until he told me the installation was finished. I came inside to about 30 feet of cables running through my house. After expressing my frustration he then slid the cables under the wall to "hide" the cables.

I didn't care, at least he tried. He then turned on the box. I instantly noticed I did not have any HD service. He told me that his work order was for the basic package that did not include HD service or the channel I specifically requested or the Hopper and that he could not do anything about it so I would have to call. Fine. I called Dish and that was when they showed their true colors.

Dish informed me that in order to get HD for life I would have to pay an additional deposit and that their records show that I never requested HD or the channel I wanted. I told them that I honestly did not care about the Hopper as long as I got HD and the channel I signed up for in the first place. I was called a liar and told that I would have to talk to the executive resolution team. I talked to a woman who told me that she would pull the phone conversation and give me a call within 24 to 48 hours to resolve the issue. I waited 4 weeks and still no phone call.

I called Dish once again and they said that the phone call still hadn't been pulled and that the woman I talked to was too busy with other customers to help me anytime soon and that it would be additional 4 weeks. I voiced my frustration and was told I would get a call in 24 hours. Surprise, no call and the woman I talked to was never available to talk to me. I waited one more week and called again, the representative told me that there was nothing they could do and that the call still hadn't been pulled. I let them know that if they did not give me the deal I was promised based on DISH'S OWN AD that I would cancel. I was threatened that if I did that I would have to pay even more money to break my contract. After threatening legal action all of a sudden I was allowed out of my contract with no further fees. The cancellation was explained to me...

I was told I would receive a box in 3-5 days with a prepaid UPS label to return the equipment and all I had to do was follow the instructions inside the box. I had 30 days to return the equipment. 3 weeks later, the box finally came. I boxed up the equipment and got it to UPS ASAP. Because of Thanksgiving, it got to DISH one day past their 30 day policy. They then deducted a ridiculous charge that I was never informed of right out of my checking account. I called Dish again and was told that it was my fault for not getting the equipment to them on time. I explained that the box was not delivered to me in a timely fashion and if they go to UPS.com and look up the box they will see that. I was told by the representative, "That isn't my job ma'am." (I am a sir, and I had to correct her 5 times and she still called me ma'am.)

I told her that they overdrew my account and I needed to have a refund issued ASAP. I was told that a refund would take up to a month but if I held they would transfer me to a resolution team. Instead, I was hung up on. Called again and explained to a different representative, I was hung up on again. Called yet again and finally go through to a supervisor who told me that I was entitled to refund but they can not do a refund instantly that it does take up to a month. I disputed and informed them that they have no issue taking money out, why does it need to take so long to return? She said that she didn't know. After being on the phone with DISH for 5 hours, I finally got a refund that was guaranteed to be returned in 2 business days....

I waited 2 business days, still no refund to my account. I called yet again and was told that they did issue the refund but it was my bank that hadn't accepted it. Called my bank, there was no record of a refund. Called DISH who then stated that there was no refund coming as there was no information on my account. WHAT?! After going through the process yet again and waiting 3 business days (while racking up overdraft charges at my bank for almost a week) I got my refund. DISH did not offer to cover my overdraft fees but they did tell me that I am responsible for shipping charges from their prepaid UPS label that can be anywhere from 16-40 dollars depending "on the day" as it changes daily. UGH!

I asked about the actual dish and tripod that is still on my property. I was told to keep it and take it to the dump. I asked them to pick it up, they informed me that it would be a $50 charge for one of their technicians to pick up anything. WHATEVER!

Do NOT ever deal with DISH. They entice you with great offers but then once you have a contract they lie, cheat, and steal until they can no longer get anymore out of you.

Never once did I get an apology, a kind word, or compensation for any of my negative experiences. Keep in mind, this is a condensed review based on months of negative issues with DISH.

Comments

I'm sorry to hear that. I just want to encourage you to keep us in mind on here if there's anything else we can help with in the future and I'll get your feedback passed along. Thank you.

Michael, I have dealt with resolution teams already and am out of my contract and the equipment is returned. At this point, there is nothing Dish could ever do except pay for free service from a different provider.

I am away from you guys and that is all that matters. Instead of responding to negative experience websites, try to make the negative experiences never happen in the first place and your corporation would be golden.

Clehnherr,

Your post caught my attention and please allow me to assist you with that! We hated to have seen you go and I would really like to look over the situation on your account and what we had going on.

I would very much appreciate it if you could please email me your account number so I can review all the details in order to optimally help you. My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I'll enjoy the opportunity of assisting you further!