Wow. So we were DISH customers for approximately 3.5 years.

No problems with them maintaining contract for TV service. No surprises. UNTIL now. We had to discontinue our service due to an out-of-state move.

When I called to inform DISH of date I wanted service ended, I informed the rep to send box with prepaid shipping label immediately and not to wait as box would arrive too late if shipped when service ended. You can guess what happened; I was stuck paying to send equipment back because the box arrived the day after we left - the keys to the house were already in new owner's hands! I spent $18.04 with UPS to prevent incurring charges upwards of $49+ for not sending equipment back. I now speak to a rep and her supervisor, but they have their "script" they stick to regarding "standard operating procedures" and they absolutely refuse to refund me my money even though this occurred due to their customer service error(s).

Where is customer service and business integrity these days? I pointed out this may be a regular practice of theirs to milk every last penny from a customer and save money on their end and if so, should altogether discontinue even offering prepaid shipping box so as not to disillusion customers.

Never again. Go into a contract with DISH at your own risk, but I would advise against it.

This reviewer shared experience about return, exchange or cancellation policy and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $18. HATEDISH2 is overall dissatisfied with Dish Network. The most disappointing about dish network tv service at Dish Network was customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Dish Network.

Comments

rollo2016

As a matter of course nowadays, it is wise to never expect any company to provide good customer service---especially a large one. A local store provide good customer service because it is his business that will suffer if he does not.

Those who work for a large company operate under the same guidelines as government agencies---not my responsibility for anything and who cares, anyway? Best to just expect bad service and shop accordingly.