I was burglarized about a month ago and a burgular stole my cable box to my dish system, They replaced the box with a faulty one which didnt work the technician they sent fixed it but it still didnt work so he was ingenius to swap boxes out of his truck.The whole process took 8 days all this time i was without cable service.

Then about 2 days ago they sent me a empty box with packing materials to send back the box that was originally

stolen.

So i called dish the lady who i spoke to me was very vague and told me i have to send the box back i told the lady how am i supposed to send a box back that was stolen thiefs dont bring stolen items back she said i am sorry but it is rental equipment wtf......then i proceeded to tell her i paid insurance on the system when i brought it she said you didnt and that your homeowners insurance will pay for it so she then tries to give me a very unintelligent example of how a car gets stolen and you have to replace the car i could only think this women must have been smoking *** are something.Sooooo i asked her how much would it cost to replace the stolen box ive tried to get this resolved with dish but, with no sucess so im going to wait for my bill if a charge is on my bill for that stolen box then i will leave and go to comcast.

She told me it would cost me from 100-400 dollars to replace that stolen box now i already paid 12.00 to replace a remote 14.00 for tech support they made me pay the stuff alacarte they werent kind enough to put it on my next bill im waiting for my next bill if there is a charge on it for a cable box im leaveing there service immediately and getting comcast.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

Why is it every Tuesday night on channel 214 at 9:00pm

It shows highway thur *** an is not what's on I like

Highway thur *** I would like to see it not the weather center live I call that false advertising so please fix it soon

Stop being so angry, you grench!

Lisa,

I apologize about the confusion. We know how difficult it can be when you are a victim of theft. What Dan was stating is that normally any type of theft should be covered under your home owners insurance. This generally includes any items that belong to you or are being rented/leased by you. If you filed a police report and your homeowners refused to cover the replacement cost or if you did not have homeowners insurance we can look at your options available. Please email me your account number so I can review this with you.

Alicia.Brink@Dishnetwork.com

We had a box stolen as well and were told a price of $400 if we did not return the stolen box in 30 days!!The script was also the same here "did you not have homeowners insurance"?

Seriously, what does that matter!

I surprised her by having the original paperwork stating our box # and the cost to replace was $125!I am moving to Direct!

DanB@Dish Network

Hello, my name is Dan Busa with DISH. I just wanted to clarify a few things I read in your post. The Service Plan does not cover theft, this is usually covered by your homeowners insurance.We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, we do understand this is difficult. As far as being charged for technical support there may be something wrong we do not charge for over the phone assistance unless there was a programming change or payment made through a live agent. In these cases we will add a $5 agent assistance fee, we do have other systems in place to avoid these fees. Please email me at:daniel.busa@dishnetwork.com

Daniel Busa