2.3
Coverage Area

All of a sudden we lose channels for which we were under contract to receive. Tru tv, cnn and others and dish says turner broadcasting removed them but here is information to the contrary.

Dish agreed to our rates and carriage proposals weeks ago. We were supportive of the Dish OTT effort and had found common ground on the major issues there. While there were clearly deal points to get done, they were not the type you would usually go dark over. So it is still unclear to us exactly what this dispute is about. We've been told our networks were taken down because we would not move an expiration date later in the year.

Other top 5 distributors have signed up for what Dish has walked away from. The value of the Turner news, entertainment, kids and young adult brands and content are reflected in the leadership positions they hold across the media landscape. That includes 5 of the top 30 cable networks. So we honestly have no idea what Dish was talking about yesterday.

As you see Turner broadcasting says Dish is the reason none of us are getting these channels. I complained to dish and they are giving me $5 off my bill for 3 months a real big effort but if the had to give a million or more customers that I bet the channels would be restored immediately.

Comments

wow a whole $5 off your bill? What a bunch of *** tards!

I would have cancelled my subscription immediately and went to cable. You can get CNN and other basic *** for WAAAAAAAAY less than what they are charging.

Eagle, Colorado, United States #903465

I'm so frustrated and now mad, as today even more channels disappear! I'm calling direct tv about their buyout do dish contracts.

Mesa, Arizona, United States #898539

"All of a sudden we lose channels for which we were under contract to receive. Tru tv, cnn and others and dish says turner broadcasting removed them but here is information to the contrary"

There is no contract anywhere guaranteeing these, or any channels specifically, because this is a possibility with any of the pay TV companies b