We had ordered Dish, when we moved to an area with no cable.At the time of sale we were told we could get local channels.

well, one month later and out $100.00 we still do not have local channels, and will not get them.

When our dish was set up, it was not set up to the recivers needed to get the local channels, and we were not told this.So for a month we would call Dish, as well as another company that works with Dish, sent out waviers to the local channels, and all along Dish knew we could not get the local channels....Shame on you Dish.

Review about: Dish Network Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

Hi, this is Alicia Brink.I'm with the Executive Offices of DISH Network.

I apologize about the confusion. The type of receiver would not affect the ability of getting local channels. What may have happened was that due to a blocked signal; Some times you can not get a signal from one location (Western Arc) so they will try picking up a signal from another location (Eastern Arc).

This may have been what they were trying to do, for this you would have to have High Def receivers.We a situation like this it is hard to determine if you can get the proper location for the local signal before we are on site at your address.

#120789

I have a similar problem.When we moved from South Florida to the panhandle of Florida, Direct TV could provide us with no local channels, so we dropped them.

When I called Dish TV about service, I asked, "Will we receive the local channels" and I was told yes. Guess what? We do not receive CBS! This is very upsetting for us since we're huge "Survivor" fans.

I have called and called and called Dish TV about letting us out of our contract since we were lied to about getting all the locals. I was told that since I did not specifically ask whether CBS was considered a local, it was my fault for signing a contract with them.

I for you believe that all the satellite and cable providers are all about the same.However, when put in a situation that we're in, I would with clear conscience tell anyone they should avoid this crooked company AT ALL COSTS!!!!