After 2 year contract

I canceled agreement with Dish Network.Come to find out that you are liable for returning the boxes yourself.

They will send you a address sticker but it costs $15.00 for each box to send back to them. It was in the fine print that it was your responsibility to get the boxes back. So it is going to cost me $45 for 3 boxes. Also, the monthly fee got to be super high.

SWITHED TO AT&T UVERSE! So far a very happy camper. I have superior resolution on the tv, more channels, easier to use, INTERNET service, and Home Phone all for about the same price I was paying with Dish Network.

STAY AWAY FROM DISH.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

It's cheaper to send equipment back right away.I was called after cancelling service and offered to have my account put on "hold".

Dish would waive the normal $5.00 per month fee. Being that the Comcast cable was just installed on our rural street I thought it would be a good idea to not send the equipment back right away using the "hold" option. When I decided to close the account two months later and after paying the $17 to send the equipment back, I was charged the $5 per month fee for the account "hold". CS said that closing the account meant any credits I received would then be charged.

After speaking to a supervisor, they stated the fees would be taken off. Nope, they just left the charges on the bill and now say "too bad". Just cancel and send equipment back and do not be deceived by any offers.

When cable cost go up for the tv portion of service I will not return to Dish.The internet will have everything by then anyway.