Ethel, Washington

My journey with this wretched company starts with shopping for cheaper TV service. On the phone for 2 hours with this lady i could barely understand, I signed up for the America Top 120. Cheapest package they had. 39.99 minus a 15.00 discount for the first year and HBO and Showtime free for that year as well as free installation.

Now I'm not a fan of HBO and Showtime really, so that didn't bother me. It was just a nice little bonus hehe. Anyways the installer dude comes over to hook us up right? Tracks this black *** into our house, hooks the satelite up with wires running along the floor from the back to the front. Drills into the carpet to keep the cable down. That alone made me mad. He says 2 sentences the whole time. Hello, I'm here to hook up yer dish and I'm done, that'll be 35 bucks in check form.

Now as i said, the lady said it was free and he said that the installation WAS free the 35 bucks is for the equipment. So i write a check out to HIM, not dish network but to him lol. I thought it was weird him having us write it to him so whatever. Call up dish explain whats up, they say "Sorry, cancel the check and we'll call his manager." Bout 10 minutes later i get a call from the installation guy saying I got him in trouble and I am a cheap A hole. So i call Dish again and alls i get is a supervisor saying "Well sorry, have a nice day." Strike one

Next few months, bill goes up 24.00. Call up Dish again to figure what's up. They say HBO and Showtime are no longer free. I explain I took this contract under the promise of free for a year. They transfer me to some specialist and she basically says "I can't do anything about that, i don't care what the lady you signed up with said." So i'm like fine just refund my 24.00 and cancel HBO and Showtime. She says "I'll pro-rate the remaining $14 to your account since you;ve had it for a week or so." Ok so, here i am cut short of what i was promised, no big deal considering i don't really watch those channels, but now that i've cancelled them you are keepin half the money? Strike 2

Just checked my bill today and guess what? YEP!! Yet another issue! Bill has been $32 and some change minus that whole HBO Debaucle, but is now 47 and some change. Call up Dish yet again. Get some indian lady that i can barely understand and explain whats up. She says and i quote "The rate went up 5 dollars. We have the right to change the rate to whatever we want to any contract we want" now what kind of BS is that? You don't change a "contract" you have with someone or else it's not a contract. What you guys are slinging is "You take our service for 2 years and pay whatever we tell ya to." On top of that there is some kinda "service plan" that's an extra 6 bucks that i had no clue about. Strike 3

To be honest, Dish Network has no clue what they are doing. Comcast was *** expensive for what it offered, but at least they knew how to treat people. Your CSR's make you feel that you are bothering them for calling in, like "How dare you have a problem with this service, stop bugging me." You have people promising me things to get you to sign up that you don't get. You have installers trying to get money from me when it's suppose to be free and your compensation for any type of problem is non existant other than a "Sorry about that, we have free starz promo for you this month though" ... Umm its not for "me" its for everyone and its not free we are payin an increase of 5 dollars per package.

I am making it my personal duty to make sure everyone i know hates you guys as much as i do. Noone i know will ever become a dish network customer.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

The system sucks, looses signal constantly, its expensive and the 1-800 number don't work.My contract is up and if I don't get this fixed fast I'm done with Dish.

Perfectly clear day and it's been down for hours with no to contact them. Even their online chat is down.

GOOD BY DISH!!!!:(

Slojo69 & Not_Keith,

Hi, this is Alicia B, I'm with the executive offices of DISH Network. I understand your frustration. If you cancel your account before completing your contract you will be charge a fee, however most companies have cancel fees but unlike most companies we prorate your cancel fee; so if you do choose to disconnect you are rewarded for the time you did stay with us. Any time there is an issue that has the ability to be corrected if we are given the opportunity the cancel fee would be enforced if a customer declines and elects to cancel. If you would like me to look at your account and your concern please feel free to email me.

Alicia Brink

Executive Offices of Dish Network

Office Hours: Sunday-Thurs 6:00am-2:00pm

Phone Number: 720-514-8617

Fax Number: 303-723-2063

Email: Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com

slojo69

Well Jaggeroth, if you don't like the job then quit, doesn't give you the right to brush people off.I work in the customer service field as well and yes i deal with it all the time, people wanting free stuff, angry people etc.

I always keep my cool and always try to make sure they are taken care of and make sure not to ever bring a bad light to the company i work for, call it pride in my work or just general people skills either way that's how i always conduct myself.

Now that doesn't give the customer the right to swear or yell or get belligerent by any means, and I have never done that, but to say "We have to hear complaints all day, so ya, we are cranky." Is BS man.Don't come in here with that.

CSRs' don't act like you bother them.The problem is call after call all we get is people complaining.

I know you have the right to, but most of the time the people blame us and hoot and holler and swear a storm at us and tell us to fix it or else.

If you dealt with that all day, would you be a nice person?

Now, I don't defend the company, just the call center employees who have to deal with you people...and the company.

slojo69

Exactly guys, these guys are just plain horrible, I'm going to email this becki chick and see if she can give me anything for my mistreatment, but i gaurantee there will be no re-imbursement and she won't even come close to letting me get out of this contract. But i bet she will tell me she can give me the free starz promotion that i already have for my troubles LOL!

Dish Network = fast talkers + gotcha contract. Perfect example of buy beware and read the fine print. The Attorney General should go after these guys.

BeckiB@DISH

Hello Slojo69! My name is Becki Barned, and I am with DISH Network. the recent price increase was due to price changes that we made on 2/1. The package prices increased by $5, and are now locked in place until 2013. I would be happy to review your account, and help you out with your other issues here! You can email me at becki.barned@dishnetwork.com! Thank you.

Becki Barned