Alexis, Illinois

I spoke with Darius from Dish on Weds and he set me up with Dish.Although he was annoyingly trying to set me up with higher priced packages I stood my ground and got what I wanted.

They do nickle and dime you to death, your packages is, say, $39.99 a month plus taxes. But they also charge you for each TV...two TV's is an extra $17 a month and three TV's is an extra $24 a month. HD and DVR also extra (which that makes sense). After your install you can go online and sign up for auto pay.

If you do that you'll get the advertised price for the first year (Free HD for life), but if you don't, it's $63.00 a month. 51 minutes it took to place this order with him...then he patched me over to a non english speaking internet rep who confirmed after at least 10 minutes that internet was not available in my area. My installation was set up for Saturday between 8-12. At 7:45am I get a call from John, the installer stating he would be at my home between 8-8:15.

When he still wasn't there at 9am, we called him and he said he was out back working on our install....we went out back and he wasn't there, so we called him again and this time he said he was at another customers home and would be at our place between 10:30 and 11. In reality he showed up at 12 noon on the dot. Looked around and said, "oh sorry. You have too many tree's and it's too bad because you would have loved the joey and hopper." okay...he then said a field supervisor would come out on Monday or Tuesday.

No time given and since we work, we must have missed him since it's now wedsday and we've heard nothing. So I call Customer Service to get my money back...oh yes thats another thing, they charge you $112 the day you order, but then they take 3-5 buisness days to refund you your money. And they keep $10 of it for admin fees. I asked the very rude lady on the phone who I could talk to, to complain about the install guy and she transfered me....(cut me off and transfered me) I spoke to three different people before I was told that I had to talk to two seperate companies to get my money.

One company charges you $49.99 (and keeps $10 of it) and then Dish charges you your first months bill. Really? Thank goodness customer service person # 3 told me that or else I would have only gotten part of my refund. The best part?

The Dish rep gave me the number to the other company to get the other part of my refund processed and it was the same number I called to get to her!There is a serious lack of communication with all the employees at Dish and I am actually thankful now that service couldn't be provided because I in no way want to deal with the headache these yahoo's caused me, for two whole years.

Review about: Dish Network Deal.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

Hey Heatherann, I'm sorry for the trouble you experienced with our services. It sounds as though you were set up through an authorized retailer as they often charge a $49.99 fee to set up an account. I feel a lot of the frustration you went through could have been avoided if things had been explained more thoroughly. I will be more than happy to assist you with any follow up questions or concerns you may have. Please email me at: Daniel.Busa@DISH.com

Daniel Busa