I was told that I would receive an HD receiver, and instead received a standard receiver. After waiting for the HD receiver to be shipped, I called to check the status. What I was told infuriated me.

In order to receive the HD receiver, I would have to upgrade programming, which would increase my monthly bill by nearly 50 percent. In addition, the monthly fee for the HD receiver itself would increase my monthly bill by nearly 30 percent. This equates to an increase of my monthly bill by nearly 80 percent, for equipment and programming that I was promised to begin with.

Now I'm faced with the choice of settling for inferior picture quality, paying considerably more than originally quoted, or paying an early termination fee. Worst of all, all of the terms were discussed via telephone, and although they notify you that the call is being recorded, they refuse to review the call to validate my claims.

Buyer beware!

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

DanB@Dish Network

Hello, this is Dan Busa with DISH Social Media. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced with our services. In regards to the fees for having HD services I believe there was some confusion. The HD stations run $10 per month or you can get them free for the life of the account with our HD free for life promotion. The receiver fees for HD receivers are the same as they are for SD receivers therefore there should be either no increase or at the very least a minimal increase for the upgraded receiver. I will be more than happy to address this with you. Please email me at:Daniel.Busa@DISH.com so that we can review your account.

Daniel Busa