Coverage Area

I signed up for dish in response to a mailer: 55 channels for 19/mo. I told them I only watch the news and Netflix.

After the installation, I called the installer back because the picture was blurry and only covered 3/4 of my screen. He said I only had SD. Big surprise. That night I spent an hour trying to figure out why my Roku and Amazon fire would not work.

After calling dish, I was told I need to spend $200 for a different receiver. I told them I wanted to cancel. After I protested, they offered to credit $25 toward the price. Then they offered to give it to me for free.

I kept saying I want to cancel because their behavior is unacceptable. They said I owed $480 for early termination....after 48 hours of totally unacceptable service. I have called repeatedly and spoken to highly trained robotic-sounding young women repeating the same sentences over and over.

I cancelled my credit card so they would not be able to extract this outrageous fee for their bait and switch scam. I am now a committed cord cutter and hope dish goes bankrupt, matching their ethical business practices.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Installation.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: No charge for early termination..

I didn't like: Bait and switch practice.

Comments

Mesa, Arizona, United States #1012933

I don't, I just read what I sign, and inspect the product prior to agreeing. I am a vigilant consumer knowing my job is to get the product I want for a price I am comfortable with.

The companies job is to make as much money off me as possible. Although I am a huge fan of Dish, and satellite technology in general...

I don't trust the promises made by a representative nor anything not spelled out for me in black and white. You can refer to me and say "you must work for dish", but the truth is, you just screwed up and are having a hard time admitting that you got played from sheer consumer uneducation

to SatelliteFan #1012979

I did get played. I dont think they would have let me return it even if I had discovered this at the time of installation.

They were very aggressive about the terms of the contract and dismissed the addtional fee per month for the service I thought I had purchased. Live and learn.

Mesa, Arizona, United States #1011249

You can cancel your bank information, but it will post negatively against your credit score, typically removing atleast 80 points that cannot be removed for over 7 years. Good luck with that...

Technically you are wrong as you signed the contract saying that you agreed to the installation and were satisfied. Nowhere in their contract or ads are a grace period offered.

to SatelliteFan #1011281

Yes, but what I agreed to buy was not what they delivered. Even with the free Dvr, they wanted an additional $12/mo more for the originally contracted service.

It is still bait and switch. I agreed to the physical installation at the time but had no idea I would have a blurry picture coving only 3/4 of the screen and no Netflix.

to Anonymous Mesa, Arizona, United States #1011680

Unfortunately your price is not guaranteed in your contract either. It specifically says that the "price can change at anytime including within a term commitment".

So again, no breach. And yes, you agreed to installation including the condition of the channels received.

to SatelliteFan #1011699