1.2

Dish Network cheat me that I do not expect from a corporation like Dish! After having a loyal customer of Dish Network for near about 4 (four) long years, now I should think, I was completely bluffed by the dish customer service. I have been using Dish since June 2012 with a 02 years commitment. Soon after starting with the service, my DVR came across some problem and Dish replaced that DVR. The replacement DVR was working fine with me and I kept so many important recordings on it.

As I believed Dish is the best cable TV service provider in USA, I started watching Dish Network on 10th of June 2012 which initiated with a two year commitment. On June 01, 2014, near about a week before my commitment ended, there was a call from the Dish customer service (automated) and a technician came after that to replace my DVR. He said that it was Dish Network’s DVR up-gradation program to replace old DVR for all of their customers. There were so many un-watched movies, shows recorded on the DVR, how can I replace it! However, I was convinced by the technician when he explained that it would provide me better quality (HD quality). As he said it was free, at last I allowed him to replace my DVR.

I was happy with the new DVR too. I was paying my bill with recurring payments from my bank account regularly. My contract/ commitment ended in June 2014. Recently, I called Dish customer service to cancel my account with dish. With very unwelcoming tone of voice a representative told me that she going to charge me $80 as an early termination fee. I was very surprised to hear that and felt offended. After watching four years, why there is an early termination fee for my account. Representative pretended to explaining me the new replaced DVR renewed me a contract for another two years with Dish. How can a contract be renewed without my acknowledgement? I did not ask for the DVR replacement! Or Did I commit Dish to take their service for another two years?

Finally, I was compelled to ‘pause’ my dish service for 6 months. It gonna cost me $5 plus tax as ‘no watching Dish fee’! On the other hand, this 6 month pause will not count for SAID (by Customer Service) two years commitment!!! What an effective approach to keep customer!!!

Furthermore, the customer service of Dish was unfriendly; they did not listen to my words. They did not solve my problems, or did not do what I asked for, rather put me into some difficulties. What the customer service is telling for the termination fee is not a fact. After being a four years of loyal customer, I feel I am mugged by Dish Network. This is not the right way to keep existing customers. Dish may provide better service at relatively lower cost to keep their customer in confidence.

Why should I pay early termination fee when my contract with dish ended on June 10, 2014? Did I commit anything wrong to keep watching dish? Or if you think, as I am leaving Dish, they can behave me anyway. They can charge anything on me! Shouldn’t there be any returning customer! Or, if they feel no bother with future business with existing customers!

shafiq232 wrote the review because of poor customer service at Dish Network. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Dish Network to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was stealing money. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dish Network and dish network tv service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments