I had a really bad experience with Dish when I moved my service to a new house.I won't go into the details, but it took 4 tries for them to get things working - for no good reason.

I called to make sure that I would not be billed for the week that my service was unavailable. I was told that the bill would be the same as it is always is. I asked how this could be possible, and then the operator said that I wasn't charged for the move, so it all kind of worked out anyway! I pointed out that it was his company's policy to allow one free move a year, and I asked him to explain why that would have anything to do with paying for service that I did not receive.

He had no reasonable explanation but I was going to be billed anyway. I then asked if I could be transferred to someone to register a complaint. He asked if everything was working properly at this point in time, and I said yes - it is now. Then he said "well there's really nothing to complain about then, right?".

At that point, I hung up. After missing work so many days and going through so many calls to be told this by the agent on the phone is simply unbelievable. When a company does not even want to hear about a customer's negative experiences, I know there will be more of them to come.

I know compared to others, I'm getting off easy, however, I'm very much looking forward to the end of my contract.

Review about: Dish Network Installation.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

#162023

There is a possible solution to many of these problems, that is contacting the Attorney Generals Office within your state-with enough complaints a company will be investigated.This can lead to regulation so they can\'t take advantage of their customers.

That is what I plan to do in regards to pay-per-view. I have gotten billed for movies never ordered. I was told that could not happen, I\'ve been told it can if you are within a 100 yard radius of a neighbor and have no lock on your tv.Well, it\'s happened again and I emailed them to please correct. I also ask for an English first language representative-as some of those Middle-East Indian guys are disrespectful to women as the issues relate to the problem-very unprofessional.

I provided many ways to contact me on 6-25 with my email-not wanting to be on the phone literally for hours to resolve a problem, as I have often in the past.

As of June 7th Dish has yet to contact me.Imagine.