I am extremely frustrated in this company!! I signed up with Dish 2 years ago and was NEVER told of a cancellation fee. I moved about 14 months into my contract to a place that didn't allow Dish.

I called Dish and they offered to put my account on hold, but again, NEVER explained the fees of $5/month. I called Dish to advise of how I was never told of these fees. I had to speak to a supervisor to get any sort of help on my bill.

The supervisor I spoke to was kind enough to waive the $5 fee for each of the 6 months my account was on hold for. I asked what my final bill was going to be and he said after I return the equipment my final bill would be in the $40 range. He stated the rate was $17.50 a month for 4 months left.

I received my bill in the mail and, no surprise, I was being charged a $175 cancellation fee. A supervisor was very unhelpful and at a loss for words so he transferred me to an account resolution specialist. She was unable to help. I told her I didn't understand why I was being penalized for employees not giving me the proper information. I also said isn't customer service something DISH prides on, she stated that I am no longer a customer. I said well if I was still a customer would I get better service, and she stated if I was a customer I would not be in this situation.

HOW RUDE!!!!!

Review about: Dish Network Account.

Comments

MikeLDISH123
Aurora, Colorado, United States #686534

Anonymous,

While the terms of the contract established at your original residence still stand if you move, please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can review your information and further assist you. Thanks!