I had Dish Network set on monthly auto pay through my credit card for the last 2 yrs. Suddenly on Jan 2011 statement I noticed as increase in my bill by $6.00. After discussion with the Dish network customer service I found out that they started charging me the $6.00 for extended warranty on equipment since Nov.2010 without my authorization. I asked them to cancel the extended warranty and credit my account but that would cost me $25.00 to cancel the extended warranty. They offered me $5.00 credit for the next 6 months. The charge for cancellation would be $25.00 + $18.00 = $43 subtract $30 credit, that still leaves me a charge of $13.00. They will not issue credit for that amount.

Folks if you have auto pay check your bill for fraudulent charges..

Raj. S

Review about: Dish Network Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

I have a dish account and a oline dish account.I was charged $54.99 for a boxing show I know nothing about.

They told me that I purchased it online. I have not logged on my account in months. I asked them for a IP address for the purchase since it was made off a computer. They said they do not have that information.

I told them I spoke to a agent the day the charges were applied to my online account. I asked the lady if they agents have access to my oline account she said yes they do for helpful purposes like walking customers through the online process. Hmmm so basically the agent could of easily charged the movie on my account and make it look like I did it. Smart.

If you have a online account with Dish Network. PLEASE LEARN FROM THIS CANCEL YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT YOUR PASSWORD IS NOT SECERT THEY CAN AND WILL ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT AND WILL BE ABLE TO CHARGE WIHT OUT YOUR AUTHRIZATION.

They are scams.Go to Direct TV I am after this get disputed.

Mike.H_DISH

Hi Lucky727, I was going over your post and wanted to help out with any issues that are going on. When our customers sign up for service we offer the service plan free for a trial time period, we cover these in the legal disclosure we read. After the free trial period is over we will continue with the service plan until the customer decides they do not want it anymore. If it is there first time having it we allow the removal at no charge. I would like to take a more detail look at this with you, so I will leave my e-mail. And if you have anymore questions I will be more than happy to help.

michael.houston@dishnetwork.com