I signed up with a third party authorized Dish Network reseller a year ago. I was told I was able to cancel at any time.

My contract was on a month to month basis. First of all I never really looked at my bills now that I really need to cut back on my expenses, I started looking at ways I can cut back and save so I started to take a look back at all my bills and my cable caught my eye and I started to see that I was paying more than I should have. I was actually already paying close to $70 a month. Well, what I sighed up for apparently wasn't what I received after all and now that my Cable has gone up to $70.00 a month I called to cancel it and I was told I signed a 24 month contract and if I wanted to cancel it I will have to pay $270.00 as an early cancellation fee.

I never signed a contract.

The only thing I signed was the installers PHONE that he told me to sign stating he installed my cable and it was working properly. FRAUD is all I can say about DISH network.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Internet Service.

Comments

MikeLDISH123
Aurora, Colorado, United States #709046

Pop pop,

That's the type of situation we take seriously and I'd be more than happy to help you in getting it resolved if you could please email me your phone number at michael.lemar@dish.com! Thank you and I hope to hear from you!

Pennington, New Jersey, United States #699013

We got a call when we where seeing a favorite show then my grandpa picked up then the person said we could get a free iPad since my grandpa did't get anything for my brother on his birthday so he got the green dot card then he took 300$ out of our money then and the money was gone :(

This company has a tract record for blatantly disregarding consumer rights. Customer service is abysmal and reflects a leadership that is short-sighted and arrogant. I do not recommend being a customer or an investor of this company.

Regarding contracts, this company is held to the standard of “Clear and Conspicuous” disclosure. Send a complaint to the Better Business Bureau of Colorado where this company is headquartered, this will put this complaint “on the record”.

In addition, if you were not even aware of the contract you may want to consider contacting your state Attorney General’s office. The AGs can monitor this company for noncompliance with a consumer complaint driven settlement with this company from 2009 called the “Assurance of Voluntary Compliance” which was signed on to by 46 state AGs, including Colorado. The AGs retained the right to continue to monitor this company for noncompliance and need to hear from consumers.

Here is one section from the 2009 settlement about contracts:

Assurance of Voluntary Compliance SECTION 4.9 “...shall Clearly and Conspicuously disclose to Consumers at the point of sale or lease prior to scheduling activation or installation...all material terms and conditions of the offer”.

This company undoubtedly makes well over 100 million each year on cancellation fees alone. They churned through around 600,000 customers just in their last quarter.

This company damages consumers that are not even their customers, like myself. So, I know about their bad customer service.

Thanks for sharing your experience and good luck.

to Anonymous #748402

Dish is a complete fraud. I had unfortunate experience of being their customer and I recommend no one should sign up for their service.

They do not protect customer data and if your data is stolen by their third party vendors, they will commit fraud on your account. I do not recommend this company either

DanB@Dish Network
Aurora, Colorado, United States #668358

I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you. I would love to look into this for you to see what I can do to help. Please e-mail me at: Daniel.Busa@DISH.com

PissedConsumer415
to DanB@Dish Network Reston, Virginia, United States #668853

PissedConsumer415

14 hours ago ..

Really Daniel ? Interesting because yesterday I spoke to 9 different people including 2 people in the EXECUTIVE customer service team and all they did was read the same speech over and over again.

SO I doubt very much that you would have something different to say. I actually think that there are enough people all over the US at this time to take that are having the exact same issue to file a class action lawsuit..