I have called dish network since we will be moving in a week and seen the advertisement for "free movers". I called and they informed me that it was going to cost $106.00 for the move.

When I ask what qualifies someone for the free move they just skipped around the answer.

Heres my problem... I am going to move, the satalite that is here will stay here forever unless of course someone steals it or mother nature takes it away. The young person I spoke to informed me that the cost of $106.00 helps cover the charge of the satalite which is over $500.00. Even though my satalite is only a year or so old.

(my parents have one that is roughly 6 years old)I then spoke to someone about cancelling my contract and it will only cost me $140.00 but I will need to send my box in even though I paid for it.

Wondering how many more people had to deal with this scam that they are running. And did you just cancel your contrct or pay to have it moved?

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Deal.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 07, 2011.

Comments

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #933005

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON EVEN TOLD ME IT WOULD BE FREE THEN THEY SENT ME A BILL FOR $150.00 OR CANCEL MY CONTRACT FOR $300..HMMM..I DID NOT PAY THEM A DIME AND I SENT ALL THERE *** BACK AND CANCELED MY SERVICE. THREE YEARS LATER THEY ARE STILL TRYING TO COLLECT.

NOW IF I WERE A SMART GUY I WOULD HAVE HONORED THE FREE CHARGE THAT STATES ONLINE AND WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP I SPOKE WITH SO I COULD HAVE YEARS OF REVENUE IF NOT MORE AS I WAS HAPPY WITH THE SYSTEM I HAD BUT THEY TRIED TO PLAY HARD BALL SO NOW THEY LOST THE REVENUE AND IM STILL NOT PAYING ANYONE A DIME FOR THE CANCELLATION OR THE MOVE. *** DISH BUNCH OF DUMBASSES..

We had the same problem...and we only moved right around the corner. I can actually look out my bedroom window and see my old place!!! :(

Same here they told me to find the fine print and it states there that if u move before u have had the service for a yr that it is 100.00, they finally waived 50.00 of it then I called back after reading the fine print( and ther is no mention of that... And I read it to them verbatim) they took another 25.00 off... So I'm stuck paying 25.00 ( which is *** when the web site and the commercials and even e rep I spoke with pryor to calling in for the move all say it's free) so frustrated!!!!!

You're just getting *** answering the phone that want commission. They gave me the run around too but I didn't give up and got it for free..

hopefully it doesn't appear on my bill later. Good thing I recorded the conversation......

Yeap they are charging me the 105 and some change to move, unbelieveable!! I'm now interested in terminating my contract early.

#419460

It mentions online that the mover is free but it does come with stipulations. Things like a new 24 month commitment, upgrade to new equipment and other things of the nature.

It is common practice that it is a give take. The HD Free For Life is the same way. 4 options to get HD programming, HD FFL with 24 month commitment, autopay and Paperless billing, or you can do a 1 time $99 activation charge(purchase the programming once) or the normalprogrqamming price of $10/month. Those are the options to get the programming or you can opt for no HD programming.

Its not a requirement, but a great oppurtunity to take advantage. Try Dish.com, some really useful info there.

This is a free service that they offer. Be persistant about it.

And keep calling until you get the right answer. Don't just take the first CSR's word for it.

Or speak to a manager. Good Luck!