I signed up with Dish with 2 receivers. I have a service agreement with them and when one receiver stopped working I called out the service representative on 10/31/10. After quite a long time trying to "reprogram" the receiver, the service guys realized it was inoperable and replaced it with another. They took the old receiver with them when they left.

A few months later we recieved calls from Dish Network telling us we had to return the old receiver or would be charged for it. We explained that the service guys had taken the old receiver and that we did not have it. We were told that they would send us a box, and that we would have to write a note to that effect and send it in the box back to them. We did that.

Today I went to change my programming and discovered that they were about to charge my credit card $398.81 -- (normal charge is about $93.00) and that the upcharge was for the reciever. I called and spoke with their rep Ira who again told us that they have not received the receiver. I explained all the facts with her and she said that they "service" reps that they had sent were not actually Dish Network service people and that she could not get hold of them to verify any information (now this is 1/31/11). She then put me through to "Justin" who was about the most inept "customer service" supervisor I have had the misfortune to speak with. Basically, he just kept talking and hung up, did not address any issue.

I would recommend that anyone thinking of Dish for service...think again...not exactly low cost if they cannot track their equipment and charge you for it when their service agents don't bother to do their job and turn it in as they should.

Dish-honest, in my opnion.

Review about: Dish Network Receiver.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

Hi, my name is Cheri Torres and I am with DISH Network Customer Service.I wanted to start off by apologizing for the bad experience that you have had with our company and also for any inconvenience this has caused you.

I would like to look into this for you and see what we are going to need to do to get this issue resolved. If you could email me with your account information (i.e. account number, phone number and name on the account) I would be happy to help any way I can.

My email address is Cheri.Torres@Dishnetwork.com.Thanks and have a good night!

My email address is Cheri.Torres@Dishnetwork.com.Thanks and have a good night!