1.4
Coverage Area

Sold our home in June 2014 and put our Dish services on hold at their suggestion. Have been traveling in our RV for the past 6 months and had cable at most RV parks.

The current RV park has really bad cable so we reactivated our Dish service. Dish is still charging the $7 fee for the DVR we had at our home. I called to request that they remove the DVR from my bill as it is not being used and is currently 600 miles away in storage. I was informed that if they remove the unit from my bill, I will have 30 days to return the DVR.

If it is not returned, they will charge me between $49.99 and $299.99 for the unused DVR. Did not tell me how this amount is figured. So since I cannot drive 600 miles to get their obsolete equipment to return it to them, I am forced to continue paying the $7 per month for equipment that is not in use. Obviously they do not care if their customers are unhappy.

Is Directv any better? I sincerely doubt it Think they are all alike.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

MikeLDISH123
Englewood, Colorado, United States #905694

anonymous,

I've had a chance to review your situation and found it interesting. Please email me your account number and four-digit PIN at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can go over your information and optimally assist you. Thank you for your efforts.