2.4K views

I received a call from a collections agency stating that I owed over $1,000 to Dish Network for an account that was opened in Tennessee and never paid. I have never had Dish Network, and I have never lived in Tennessee. Apparently, according to Dish Network, my social security number was used to open the account.

I worked with Dish Network and did everything that they asked me to do regarding getting the issue resolved. This involved filing a police report, putting fraud alerts on all my credit cards, filling out an identity theft affadavit with the FTC, and sending them numerous personal information items, such as my Social Security card, Drivers License, proof of residency, etc.

I followed all of this as I know that it is important to verify who I am. However, Dish Network simply stopped doing anything after I sent all this information. I never received any phone calls, emails, etc.

I called back to follow up and was told to contact their Fraud Investigation Department. I don't know if this is some kind of joke, but the number I called goes straight to voicemail every time and I have never received a call back despite leaving multiple messages. Not amusing.

My credit has been destroyed by this, yet I am still being treated as though I am guilty every time I call Dish Network about this. The issue is still not resolved and has been going on for over 6 months now. I get nowhere when I call Dish Network and wind up just going in circles being transferred from one department to another.

I am beyond frustrated and don't even know where to go from this point. If I don't start hearing things soon I'll be contacting an attorney to get this resolved.

Review about: Dish Network Account.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States #1349997

I need a "dish affidavit" sent to me to fill out.My identy was stolen and I was told by one of your customer service reps that I have to fill one out or on line to get the procedure started alone with my police report.

Nancy Belet at 450 Treasure Island cswy #605, St Petersburg, fl 33706.

Phone 727-412-5100.Please respond by email.

Dallas, Texas, United States #1278562

I have had the same thing happen.And although I have filled out police reports and sent them all the information they needed, they still continue to turn these accounts over to collections!

My credit also has been ruined!

I have never had a dish account, and after this I never will!

They can't take care of their business, but they can sure send you over to collections when they think it is you that I Owes them money

Rensselaer, New York, United States #1118145

anniam222 25 minutes ago #1118128 wRensselaer, New York

Scranton!New York here!

This is where it gets good. You been hacked Scranton. Read the review I left here somewhere. Ever since I had Dish in my home I've had trouble with the phone, internet and TV.

I think everyone should be very careful when dealing with Dish network for their own good. Read my review and save us both time. I have a Dish provider a little more than a mile away in Troy N.Y. They could easily *** into everything you own because they have access to all the co-ordinates that go with your dish.

I have all the same exact problems that you do except I cancelled them and threw the Dish out of the yard. People should read this and take it very seriously. I threw them out a little to late to help myself but this might help other people. I hope so.

Do not forget that these people get your email, your SS number, your home phone number and every bit of information pertaining to you. Most identity thief's are found in real estate but I think we have people who are a little more skilled at this now. How about that IPhone? Been hacked yet?

It will be! If you have Outlook Express your really in trouble! You won't hear a thing from Dish because your phone is probably hacked too. Whether it's a cell or home phone it won't matter.

Check your basement and make sure they didn't... Show more

0V 0W Reply

Anonymous Jan 06 #1089670 wDallas, Texas This just happen to me! They would not tell me anything about this. Just to send in a copy of my DL and get a police report.

Someone must be doing some wrong there.

This is crazy.....0V 1W Reply

Rensselaer, New York, United States #1118128

Scranton!New York here!

Why bother with lawyers? Call your credit bureau and file a protest with them and let them fight it out for you. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTEST ANYTHING ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT SO DO IT!

Good...

Dallas, Texas, United States #1089670

This just happen to me!They would not tell me anything about this.

Just to send in a copy of my DL and get a police report.

Someone must be doing some wrong there.This is crazy.....

to Anonymous Rensselaer, New York, United States #1118130

hacked

Angela08
to Anonymous #1125502

The same thing has just happened to me.I received a debt collection letter from a company called ERC claiming I owed a bill of approximately $1200.

I have never had a dish account. Turns out my identity has been stolen. Dish wanted me to in my police report and copy of DL. I did everything requested of me.

And I have been calling none stop! I am sick to my stomach over this. One of the dish reps let know that the address where the service was connected was in Virginia..I tracked the address down to a cindy Bauer...

I informed dish of my findings i hope to God something can be done.My credit is tarnished over bs I didn't do!!!!!!

I'm really surprised at Dish they r offul and I'm dealing with da same thing now.Every time I call I get da run around and no body can speak ENGLISH.

I can never get 2 da identity theft department.Something need 2 b done

My mother is going to the exact same thing

to Anonymous Rensselaer, New York, United States #1118129