Believing that we couldn't get cable at our location, we opted for DISH service for TV and internet. We're used to quality fiber optic connection and unlimited internet. DISH TV is ok if you don't mind it going-out during inclement weather, but their internet service is ridiculous.

First of all, our GB allowance was split 50-50 between "anytime" hours and "off-peak" hours (2AM-8AM). Who the *** is up at that time of day other than people who work 3rd shift?? As our GB allowance got low, we began monitoring our usage, and there are accurate free apps available to do that. We used one called SurplusMeter which shows your data stream in real time; download, upload and total.

Believe it or not, there was an almost 8% difference in the download readings between SurplusMeter and DISH's display page. There was a 4.5% difference in the the overall (total) data stream. When we called DISH tech support, we were told there was nothing they could do and they doubted our data comparison.

We're spending the money to buy-out of our 2 yr. DISH contract and get back to cable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Internet Service.

Comments

You're fortunate you can afford to buy-out your contract.

jxm1769

I agree with the data split - ridiculous!! 2am-8pm??

I've always thought we racked up usage way faster than we should.

I'm gonna try that surplus meter and try to monitor it.

I made a FB group for people to post about their DishNET reviews ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1395383967407900/ ) I'd love it if you could post your experience on there! I also have dishNET experiences page you can like: www.facebook.com/ihatedishnet

Hollis Center, Maine, United States #735489

I agree! Dish Network's "High Speed Internet" service sucks!

There's nothing "High Speed" about their overpriced slow *** internet.

Last week they disconnected my satellite/internet for non payment.

And to think that I'm stuck with them for another 1 1/2 years, *** me off.