BEWARE!!!Do not get Dish Network!!!

Their customer service sucks they up and drop channels, and they like to charge for anything and everything. So a little over 2 years ago I signed up for a 2 year prepaid account with Dish. Then after being fed up with the prices constantly going up and the channel dropping and so on, I decided to cancel my account and go with something else. I called and cancelled on the 9th and talked to a man and told him to take autopay off of my account (which was already supposed to be taken off there to begin with) and told him to cancel my account.

He said he did and that they would be sending me a box to send my receiver back. He didn't mention anything about any charges. So I sent my receiver back yesterday and I check my email and I have one that says you have made a payment to Dish!!! I looked on my bank account and sure enough "autopay" from Dish Network had charged me $63.11.

So furious I called and the girl I talked to was very rude saying that since I was "just now cancelling" and that I didn't cancel earlier that they would only refund part of my bill, (even though I had previously cancelled it before and I have a prepaid account.) Well I was ticked off and told her I had already cancelled on the 9th and had already sent my receiver back and everything.

Finally they agreed to put all of the money back on my card, but then later said that I would have to pay $17 for shipping my receiver back, and that it would be charged to my card after they got the receiver!!!Ugh they are ridiculous!!!

Review about: Dish Network Receiver.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

SorryDish,

I would be more than happy to help you with the issue you've posted as I found it interesting! Could you please email me your account number so I can have a look at it and get that figured out? My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I appreciate your efforts!

Brookedavisoth3, my name is Becki and I am with DISH. When you send the receiver back, we send labels with it. If you use the labels we provide, there is a $17 charge for each label. I would be happy to review your account and see what happened. Please send me an email at becki.barned@dish.com. Thank you!

Becki Barned

DISH Internet Response Team

becki.barned@dish.com

Dish Network's rep said "free" equipment but after two years they wanted it back. I never saw this on the orginal contract. Good thing I kept their junk and didn't throw away, otherwise it would have cost me.

They could never get my names spelling right dispite so many calls, this tells you how bad their service is.

The worst offense by Dish network is that their sale reps keep calling even when I repeatedly told them that this number is "do not call" listed. Just for fun they always call twice. I have never seen such a stuburn company. Needless to say, I would never sign up with them. DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR PHONE NUMBER!!!!

exact problem with the other TV NETWORK called DIRECT TV ..... BEWARE OF ONLINE SHOPPING for any thing . you get to speak to India,And other countries that don"t know the english language, that's why you all have such a hard time getting anything done.They answer the phone for american businesses.