I am a current Dish Network customer. I started my services several years ago. I went from two receivers to one around six to eight months ago, and lowered my service package because my family was in a bind. I returned the receiver to later find out that I was going to need the receiver in order to watch any tv in the kids bedrooms. When I called back in November, I was told they no longer lease equipment, and that I would have to purchase a $199 box that I had in my home just months before as a lease. On top of that I would have to pay a technician charge of $99 to have them come outand plug it in. What they didn't mention is the fact that I would now have to pay an additional $14 a month in order to use the $199 box. So I call their customer service people, who might as well call themselves the "I apologize that your unhappy, but their is nothing I can or will do to help you." I want to know how they can charge for equipment and then charge a monthly charge for the use of the paid equipment. Atleast when it's leased I can see why there is a monthly charge, but what exactly is the $14 monthly charge for? I can't return the equipment, there aren't any extra features, so what again is it for? I plan on starting a campaign against Dish Network for purposely stealing from customers for no additional work on their part. These are the very same reasons why my family switched from Comcast and decided on not going with Direct tv. All I wanted was to either be able to return the $199 box which I was told was past the thirty days, so that wasn't helpful or not have to pay the $14 charge. The only option customer service gave me was to return my dvr which again was not a helpful option as I still would need a second box. Times are very tight and all my family wants is something to watch on tv since we have no money to really do much out of the home. They made no attempt to make it right, nor was it in writting.

Sincerely,

Betsy Sookram

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

DanB@Dish Network
League City, Texas, United States #587401

Hi Betsy, this is Dan Busa with DISH Social Media.I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our services.

The first receiver is included in your monthly rate each additional receiver after that does carry a monthly fee.

I will be more than happy to look into any possible promotions available for you.Please email me at:Daniel.Busa@DISH.com for more information.

nikalseyn
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #587185

Dish Network can charge whatever they like.If customers don't like it, they do not have to subscribe to their service.

In your case, you might be better off getting rid of Dish and putting an antenna on your tellys to receive whatever channels you can pick up over the airwaves.

Or, go with streaming via your computer and the telly.In any case, if you are unhappy with Dish Network, cancel it and save some money.