2.0
Coverage Area

We are a military family who received orders to move to the other side of the country. I cancelled Dish in 6/15 with a copy of my orders.

Was told they would mail a box to return equipment. Did not receive the box. Called and was told just take it to the UPS store they know what to do. That didn't work either.

Called again and finally got my box and mailed equipment back. At this point they still have not cancelled my account. Today I called (4th call over 3 months) and was told I owe a pro-rated bill from 8/15, no mention of an early termination fee because I had resolved this earlier. I said "no I cancelled and gave you a copy of my husband's orders in 7/15".

They said I rented a movie yesterday (what?). On hold again and she comes back and says "ok we will not charge you the prorated bill from 8/15 but we are charging the early cancellation." I said "no you have my husband's orders and have already told me that was taken care of." On hold again and she comes back and says "we need your marriage license because you are the account holder not your husband." I refused to accept this and kept asking for the supervisor. After going over this with 3 different acct specialist we finally get to one who eventually hangs up on us. My question is...If my husband is not an account holder and when I call the 800 number and it recognizes MY phone number then why are they calling my husbands phone daily?

They haven't called ME once. Also I had to cancel a credit card in order for them to not auto-draft anymore.

I just want this horrible shady company to cancel our account as promised 3 months ago. Ridiculous.

This reviewer shared experience about "cancellation" and wants this business to "cancel my service with out early termination fee as agreed 6/15/2015 or sudden prorated charges which began in august 2015" as the author lost $380. This person is overall dissatisfied with Dish Network. The most disappointing about dish network tv service at Dish Network was customer service and no one that can make a decesion and will not let us cancel without showing a marriage license Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Dish Network.

Comments

Rochester, New York, United States #1033987

on a weekend,i turned to four different channels and the same program was on all four channels at the same time!i only have basic and most of the other channels are ads on dish movies or how to work dish so i totally have few channels.