Hinton,Oklahoma

Been with Dish Network over 2 years, decided to find out about the Block Buster they offer so called them. I was told how great it was and I could upgrade to DVR.

I was told if I did this it would extend my contract. I though with the wonderful Block Buster it would be ok. Tech came out did the upgrade and yeah we was on our way to entertainment heaven, right? Wrong, it didn't even download one movie that we could watch.

The next thing we knew we had no internet. We wasn't told that it used all the internet to get a movie. So called them and got rid of blockbuster. Now the internet was the next problem.

We now realized just how slow the internet was. So called them to get the fastest internet possible. Again was told how fast it was. I told them that I was playing an online game and was told I wouldn't have a problem.

Bingo was lied to again. I played WoW on line 1 day and it used the internet up. I decided we would go with a local cable company who has unlimited internet. Called Dish to tell them that I didn't want their services.

After explaining to one person the problem they sent me to another person, which I had to explain all over again. I told them I was lied to and felt cheated. I was told my contract had been extended and I told they I did that for the Block Buster upgrade and we got rid of it cause we didn't and couldn't use it. I was told that if I got rid of Dish and didn't pay all the payoff fees up front I would be turned over to a collection agency.

How do you like that! Been with them all that time always paid the bill on time and that is the thank you I get. I wouldn't refer a dog to them.

I seen on the news Dish was 1 of the worst companies to work for, now I know why. They make all the employees lie for them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Internet Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Being lied to.

Comments

Mesa, Arizona, United States #914593

There is no incentive for an agent to upgrade you, so I doubt there was any lying going on. I'd imagine in this case, there was a misunderstanding of what is available.

Whether you keep the service you upgraded for, or not(BB@Home), the commitment remains valid you do not have to pay it on the very phone call, but within 30 days of cancellation per the Residential Service Agreement, and also the signed contract. Blockbuster disclosures do state that it does use home internet, and is the customers responsibility if they have a usuage.

Never trust what you hear, but always what you can physically read. All of this info is available at mydish.com/legal