Dish Network just cannot figure out how to server their customers

1578 of 1651 Dish Network reviews

I was a Dish Network customer for several years. I subscribed to pretty all their channels. I guess as of 2009, they changed one of their satellites for international channels. They contacted me to have one of my home dish changed to a newer dish. They sent a technician who basically said that he cannot install the new dish where the old one is installed. I told him he can install it by the chimney, but he refused to climb on the roof.

He told me I need to call the customer service to resolve the issue. I called and they said they will send another technician next week. The second one came and told me the same thing. I called the customer support again and they said they will send a technician who is a Dish Network employee. The third time, I heard the same story. Now, I got a call from their customer support. They told me that they will send a supervisor. The fourth time, supposedly supervisor came and told me the same exact story.

I told him to leave. I called the support and cancelled everything. They were surprise why I was cancelling the service and I was surprise how they treat a local customer.

I just don't understand how Dish Network can send 4 people to my house (each time giving me a 4 hour window to wait for them) and every one of them tells me the same thing. I can't imagine how much money they wasted and all they had to do is just talk to the first technician and understand the whole situation to come up with a better resolution.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
1578 of 1651 Dish Network reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Jink

Oct 10 #1225094 Rector, Arkansas, United States

I have problems with Dish also. I bought the Flex pkg with local channel pkg for $34.95. Then they said the local pkg was an extra $10.I read the ad to them and they still said I was wrong. I had to threaten them with a lawsuit, and stated this would be forwarded to the AR Attorney General's fraud and scam investigation department, and they finally got the hint that they were trying to mess with the wrong person. I would never recommend Dish to my worst enemy much less a friend!!!!!

AliciaB_DISH

Jul 03, 2011 #307677

USMarine,

I understand your frustration when several technicians advised you of the same information. We tried sending techs out several times to see if maybe a more experienced tech could find a way to install it correctly and within guidelines. Since all techs verified it could not install for safety reasons we were unable to complete the job. Like I was stating before, normally if it is unsafe and the technician feels that due to safety issue he can not install on roof we try to do a pole mount. I know that even though it seems like it was not a safety issue roofs can be very hazardous especially when installing electrical, heavy, equipment on a building. We try to provide install where there is line of sight but it may not always be possible. If you have any additional concerns or questions feel free to email me directly for a faster response.

Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com

USMarine

Feb 14, 2011 #248644

@ AliciaB_DISH

Alicia,
I think you missed my point. The fact that Dish Networks kept sending people to my house to tell me the same story over and over again, was just simply silly. I don't own a company, but I hope there are better ways to run a company. I am sure there are other ways to provide better customer service though.

AliciaB_DISH

Jan 31, 2011 #242463

USMarine,
Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I apologize you had such a bad experience. I understand your frustration when a technician could not install for safety reasons. Normally if it is unsafe, and the technician feels that due to safety issue he can not install on roof we try to do a pole mount. I know that even though it seems like it was not a safety issue roofs can be very hazardous especially when installing electrical, heavy, equipment on a building. We try to provide install where there is line of sight but it may not always be possible.

Linda,
I apologize about the confusion on your billing coast. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; promotions expiring, price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming. If you have any additional questions or concerns please let us know.

Linda

Jan 19, 2010 #105752

I agree with you 100%. i have had Dish for 8 months now and they have went up on there rates again. ive had to lower my channels 2 times now.

im very disappointed now.

michelle kroff

Jan 01, 2010 #99909

8) :upset :eek :roll :) :p :x :( :cry :? :) :grin ;) 8) :p :sigh :zzz :upset :upset :eek :roll ... Show more

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.