Kansas City, Kansas

I was a Dish Network customer for several years. I subscribed to pretty all their channels. I guess as of 2009, they changed one of their satellites for international channels. They contacted me to have one of my home dish changed to a newer dish. They sent a technician who basically said that he cannot install the new dish where the old one is installed. I told him he can install it by the chimney, but he refused to climb on the roof.

Related: Dish Network - Dish-worst company EVER!!!!!

He told me I need to call the customer service to resolve the issue. I called and they said they will send another technician next week. The second one came and told me the same thing. I called the customer support again and they said they will send a technician who is a Dish Network employee. The third time, I heard the same story. Now, I got a call from their customer support. They told me that they will send a supervisor. The fourth time, supposedly supervisor came and told me the same exact story.

I told him to leave. I called the support and cancelled everything. They were surprise why I was cancelling the service and I was surprise how they treat a local customer.

I just don't understand how Dish Network can send 4 people to my house (each time giving me a 4 hour window to wait for them) and every one of them tells me the same thing. I can't imagine how much money they wasted and all they had to do is just talk to the first technician and understand the whole situation to come up with a better resolution.

Review about: Tv Cable.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Dish Network Tv Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $16
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

Jink
Rector, Arkansas, United States #1225094

I have problems with Dish also.I bought the Flex pkg with local channel pkg for $34.95.

Then they said the local pkg was an extra $10.I read the ad to them and they still said I was wrong.

I had to threaten them with a lawsuit, and stated this would be forwarded to the AR Attorney General's fraud and scam investigation department, and they finally got the hint that they were trying to mess with the wrong person.I would never recommend Dish to my worst enemy much less a friend!!!!!

AliciaB_DISH

USMarine,

I understand your frustration when several technicians advised you of the same information. We tried sending techs out several times to see if maybe a more experienced tech could find a way to install it correctly and within guidelines. Since all techs verified it could not install for safety reasons we were unable to complete the job. Like I was stating before, normally if it is unsafe and the technician feels that due to safety issue he can not install on roof we try to do a pole mount. I know that even though it seems like it was not a safety issue roofs can be very hazardous especially when installing electrical, heavy, equipment on a building. We try to provide install where there is line of sight but it may not always be possible. If you have any additional concerns or questions feel free to email me directly for a faster response.

Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com

USMarine

@ AliciaB_DISH

Alicia,

I think you missed my point. The fact that Dish Networks kept sending people to my house to tell me the same story over and over again, was just simply silly. I don't own a company, but I hope there are better ways to run a company. I am sure there are other ways to provide better customer service though.

AliciaB_DISH

USMarine,

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I apologize you had such a bad experience. I understand your frustration when a technician could not install for safety reasons. Normally if it is unsafe, and the technician feels that due to safety issue he can not install on roof we try to do a pole mount. I know that even though it seems like it was not a safety issue roofs can be very hazardous especially when installing electrical, heavy, equipment on a building. We try to provide install where there is line of sight but it may not always be possible.

Linda,

I apologize about the confusion on your billing coast. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; promotions expiring, price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming. If you have any additional questions or concerns please let us know.

Linda

I agree with you 100%.i have had Dish for 8 months now and they have went up on there rates again.

ive had to lower my channels 2 times now.

im very disappointed now.

Jink
to Linda Rector, Arkansas, United States #1225096

My rate is supposed to be guaranteed for 2 yes.

michelle kroff

8) :upset :eek :roll :) :p :x :( :cry :? :) :grin ;) 8) :p :sigh :zzz :upset :upset :eek :roll ...