Do not do business with Dish Network. The service went out every time it rained and their customer service told me to tighten the wires, which were tight.

To disconnect they have hidden fees in their contract charged me for a 24 month contract when I committed to 12, costing me $195. To return the receiver I had to call 3 times because they continually sent the return boxes to the wrong address. For customer service their outsourced operators just recite the party line but of are no help whatsoever.

Getting hooked up is easy, getting help afterwards is a nightmare and leaving will cost you. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT get involved with this less than upfront company.

Comments

AliciaB_DISH

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network.

I apologize about your bad experience. If you have issue with signal under light rain we can send a tech out to verify that something else is not causing the issue other than the weather. There will be times when service is affected due to inclement weather. We have independent retailers that customers can elect to use, if you do they will sometimes have a 12 month commitment, however that is along side our contract of 24 months.

Most companies have cancel fees however, unlike most companies we prorate your cancel fee; so if you do choose to disconnect you are rewarded for the time you did stay with us.

Any time there is an issue that has the ability to be corrected if we are given the opportunity the cancel fee would be enforced if a customer declines and elects to cancel. If you have any other questions please let us know.