Nearly a year ago I entered into a 2 year contract with Dish Network.The plan I subscribed to was an Asian Channels package (Great Wall) thast was priced at $32.99 per month for 6 months, followed by $9.99 for 1 year, then 6 more months at $32.99.

We are still waiting for the reduced price. In addition, after calling Dish Network we were told that they were going to continue to charge us the $32.99 for the total of 1 year because they were losing money on the promotion. They said they would honor the $9.99 price per month for the remainder of the contract. We will see.

Meanwhile, this is not the first bait and switch promotion that I've expreienced with Dish Network. Three years ago they ran a similar promotion to give service for the first 6 months at a reduced rate. It took nearly 18 months for us to see the reduced rate, and then only after calling them regularly. In my opinion they are guilty of illegal trade practices and should be sue by the Feds under violation of Interstate Commerce laws.

Don't subscribe to Dish Network.I won't subscribe again.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

The nation should have never agreed to accept digital TV over FREE anolog network TV (that we had from the 1950's). Sure we only got about a dozen channels, but it was 100% free.

pissed off In Hawaii,

I understand your frustration and wanting to look else where. I assure you we make every effort to remain the lowest all digital TV provider. If you can email me I would be happy to look at your account to see why your bill went up so much. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; promotions expiring, price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming.If you have any questions or would like me to look at your account please email me.

Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com

Who need dishnetwork.They upped my fee's 50%.

I've done a total switch over to online T.V's with my broadband ISP. There is so much more to chose from. Disknetwork... Kiss my ***.

P.S.

I've been with these rip off for over 14yrs...Save some big bucks, dump them.

Cultul,

I apologize there was so much confusion regarding your pricing. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; expiration of promotions, price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming. We have independent retailers that customers can elect to use; most of them will have promotions available. If you were offered a promotion or rebate through them you would have to return to them to get your promotion or rebate offer. If you would like me to look at your account I would be more than happy to do so, please email me.

Dish Network Bunch of liers,

I understand your frustration. When you have equipment leased through us it is still under warranty and we cover the cost to replace the equipment if needed. If a technician is required to make a home visit there is a charge for that but we will not charge you any additional fees to replace the equipment if needed. Because we understand it may be difficult for customers we do offer a service plan to help with this cost. Our service plan is like no other company out there. We have taken the needs of our customers and created a resolution for them through our service plan. Our service plan is available at any time even if you already have an existing issue. Our goal is to provide customers satisfaction. Most companies have cancel fees however, unlike...

DISHNET WORK CRAMPY SERVICES,

I understand how frustrating it can be when your services are interrupted due to non payment. The disconnection is not determined by the amount that you owe but the amount of days past due it is. Our automated calls are set up to remind customers before service is interrupted. We want to ensure you are aware because we understand it may have been an overlook. If you are needing an extension we can look at the options available at the time, I apologize that we were unable to get that set up for you. I can assure you that it is not our intention to for customers to be without service. I hope in the future you will give us the opportunity to assist you. If you have any questions regarding your bill or billing dates please feel free to email me.

Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com

#208522

I lost few subscribed channel and I called customer tech support. After running few diagnostics over phone, tech support said technician would have to come out as there is something wrong with equipment. I asked if it going to cost anything to me. Dish representative said yes there would be a charge. I asked why do I have to pay charge since you owned the equipment. Tech. Support said customer service would answer that so they transferred me to Customer care to discus about charge issue. Customer Rep. said there is a charge since I don’t have protection plan on Dish Network owned equipment. I asked them it’s your equipment why do I have to insure your equipment. If I abuse it I can understand I have to pay for any damage. I told their representative I don’t need technician to come out if it is going to cost me. I will live without 2 channels until my contract expire if I am not getting two of my subscribed channel out of 15 to 16 total subscribe channels. I told them I am not happy and very disappointed. Customer service said ok we would waive the charges for you this time. I asked repeatedly to Customer Rep. to make sure my account doesn’t get charge. Before call started Dish mentioned this call is recorded so I requested Dish network representative to keep this recording for future purpose as I have heard lot of bad experiences about wireless cell phone & cable providers who same something and do something.

Technician came to repair and fix it. I asked...

I got my next bill and I saw a charge of $15 dollars. I was surprised, as I have told repeatedly to their customer representative “send technician only if I account doesn’t get charged”. I asked technician same thing as well before he enters into house. Although it was only a small amount of $15 dollar, it was still not right and I work hard for my money. I called them and they wanted to give me a credit with free pay-per-view movie or Pay-per-view sports events. Why wouldn’t I get $15???? Why do I have to settle for pay per view movie or events when I was told there would be no charge in a first place? If they wanted to charge me they would have let me know I would have watched other subscribed channel until my contract expires. I was paying every month $65 to $75 dollars for their 16 Hindi subscribed channel. I asked to listen to our recorded conversation when I called for tech support and customer care. They put me on hold and came back after 10 minute and said sorry I can’t help. I asked did you hear recorded message. Customer Rep. said no. I asked to talk to their Manager or supervisor. I got supervisor on phone after 10 minute of hold. Before I say something to their supervisor, he said sorry we couldn’t do anything. Dish Network Supervisor doesn’t even want to hear what I have to say. He said he is already aware of situation and he can’t help you. He said you have pay this charge of $15 dollar or you account will be cancelled with cancellation fee. I was surprise with such a rude behavior. $15 dollar is small amount but it would be wrong for me to pay. I can pay for all the service I received but not $15. It’s against my ethic and my principles.

Now, I am getting charged for cancellation fee and equipment for more then $500. I didn’t even cancel the service. They did because I didn’t pay unauthorized charged of $15. I have no way to prove that they lied and now they are charging me anything they want and putting my name into collection since I didn’t pay. I wouldn’t mind to pay for their service for subscribe but not $15.

I dispute charge on credit card but i doubt even my credit company will even help me since they are the one who got recording of conversation. Beware of their customer service...don't believe anything they say...get in writing if possible if they agree on something.....absurd and rude service.....Half of time i can't even understand what they speak.....

#195710

Dishnet work can kiss my *($!!.*** poor customer svcs and the company itself is blood sucking pain!

I was with this company since 2006. I never had my svcs disconnected and they starting tripping hard over a bill for $32.02!!! I am type of person who beleives in paying my bills, yet this month I called and advise them i would be late. Cable/dish does not keep my water running, roof on my head, ect., so yes, if this or any other company required payment prior to the 15th of each month, well guess what.....

After I made that call, they started the calls, leaving recorded messages to call them for a payment; flashing stuff on my TV.

They disabled my local channels in an effort to get a payment out of me, yet I could view HBO. DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! FOR $32.02! Once I paid that, here comes another payment.

HEY FOOLS MY SVCS IS DISCONNETED FROM THE WALL HOW IN THE *** DO I OWE YOU? PRO RATED CHARGES YOU SAY? EAT IT RIGHT AFTER YOU FINISH KISSING MY @^*!

Outside of this recent issue, I as well have had problems with the over all customer svc, billing and other cramp from them.

So I switched and I am glad.Yall better send me those boxes to return you cRamp b4 I throw on I85!!