Astonishing deals and prices that are not true.Dish stated 30 day free trial, Dish network has very poor customer service.

First day the technician was to arrive he did not show, The second day the technician arrived late and did not have the correct equipment and had to return back to the shop to get the proper equipment.

After the technician installs the right equipment, I question some of the channels, he told me I had to call tech support that he was in a hurry and could not wait My mistake was to let him leave before everything was satisfactory .After a while I got a hold of tech support, and they told me that dish network did not carry those channels for this area By this time it was getting very late and I would take care of it the first thing in the morning And called dish network And explain to them my problems and frustration they shuffled me around to several different departments And end up telling me and I had to pay a $420 termination fee plus the $260 that i had to put up front at a total cost of $680 for less than 24 hours of service this is not right.Shame on you dish network .

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

meegahawattage
East Peoria, Illinois, United States #605853

Well, you unfortunately, are not alone. I signed up for Dish network December 21st 2012. Negotiated to have a two year contract with 30.99 per month first year, and 50.99 second year. Within two weeks I knew dish was not for me. Outages with show and severe wind. Everything repeating endlessly... So I call to cancel within that first 30-days I was told I had. The dish rep on the phone said yes, but you are paid thru midnight 1.21.13. I said fine, disconnect me then. No reason to send me a check back for what I already spent... He said I'd get a box shortly there after to return my box and remotes. I asked about the dish, he said they didn't want the dish back. I called in today, 2/06/13 to inquire as to where my shipping box was and was told my account had been PLACED ON A HOLD! That I had a two year commitment, and that I had to pay $420 to get out of it!!! FOR REAL?? I'm a single mom, I couldn't even afford cable, that's why I chose DISH! I asked for the recording of my call where I was told I could cancel within the first 30days, I was told there was no recording! Isn't that a lie, but second, how would I know they didn't want the dish, only to send back the box and remotes if their OWN REP didn't tell me that?? I'm so angry!! Not only that, but they said if I chose to restart my service, that I had lost all my promotional pricing! That it would be more than $170/month!! HOLY ***! I don't even have $170/month to spend on groceries for me and my...

:( NO ONE TOLD ME ON THAT CALL LAST MONTH THAT I COULD NOT CANCEL, NO ONE TOLD ME THAT THERE WOULD BE A $420 FEE, NO ONE TOLD ME THAT I WAS BEING PLACED ON A HOLD, NO ONE TOLD ME THAT I'D LOSE PROMOTIONAL PRICING. And, to top it off, they put me on the phone with some guy named Mike Garcia who was yelling so loudly at me my co-worker in the next cube came next door to see what was going on! Mike's personal number is 303-942-8605, X52386. When I said, sir, sir, sir very calmly to try and stop his berating me, he stopped abruptly and said: Ma'am, Ma'am, Ma'am, Ma'am like ten times!!! Now, that's professional! UN-FREAKING-Believable!!!

I value my credit rating, I value truth, I am so angry if this isn't resolved, I will report it to the attorney general, I will go on a personal crusade to make sure everyone knows that this company has no respect for people. :( :( :(

TommyF@DISH

Hi Dgordon231!

I am sorry for the trouble you experienced.

I would be happy to review anything with you and provide further information and assistance. I would have to look into the $420, but the amount you paid at the start, minus any prorated charges, should be refunded.

Based on the nature of this and it being account sensitive, can you please send me an email to thomas.faust@dish.com so I may help you further?

Tommy Faust