1.2K views

I SIGNED UP FOR THERE SERVICE AND THEY NEVER DISCLOSE THAT THEY WILL CHARGE YOU $7 PER NEW MOVIE...WHAT A JOKE. TOTAL SCAM!!!

I am very interested who else has been taken advantage by DISH. They seem to think that consumer's are just to *** to understand that they are being taken advantage of.

I know that I am not the only person that has been lied to so please let me know who else has been down this road too. I hope that this helps some people so they are not put in this position too.

I CANCELED MY CONTRACT WITH THEM AND SIGNED UP WITH ATT UVERSE.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

Springville, California, United States #848441

I Signed Up for The Free Trial Of Netflix.I Have Dish As My ISP.

I Was Only Able To Stream One Movie Through My Comp. To My TV. The Next Movie Kept Breaking Off & Finally Quit On Me! I Contacted Netflix, They Told Me To Call My ISP, I Did & Dish Said They Cant Help Me With Netflix, But They Could Help Me By Offering Me 'Their' Version Of Netflix, Which Was 'Blockbuster@home'.

I Found The Blockbuster Channel But I Couldn't Get Anywhere With It, So I Called Them Back, & Now They Say I Need A $30 Adapter To Connect To My Receiver In Order To Stream Movies To My Tv! I Agreed, They Said They Will Add It On My Next Cable Bill Along With The $10mo. Fee For BB@home.

Anyhow, I'm Sitting Here, Reading & Writing This Comment?Waiting For This Little Gadget To Arrive From Dish, So I Can Start Streaming & I'm Beginning To Think I Got Duped!!

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States #723436

Dish Network began billing me for Blockbuster without my knowledge when they first purchased Blockbuster.I noticed it on my bill and cancelled it.

A few months later Dish added the charge back to my bill, but I did not catch it for a least a year, thanks to their automatic billing. I wrote to them and asked them to refund my money, as I did not want the service, have never used the service, and did not even know I had the service.

I have received no response after two weeks of waiting.I am ready to cancel with these cheats.

BB@Home is really poor.I canceled it after trying it for about a year.

They mail movies to you soooooo slooooowly ...NO WHERE near the speed Netflix ships them out.

With Netflix I can get 2-3 movies per week, BB I am lucky to get one movie per week.DISH is next, contract is up next month and I'm outta there......

In 5 more years no one will know what blockbuster is.They have been defeated and dish thoughtful it would be wise to push their horse and buggy.

Dish won't last.I suggest you employees find a secure job quick.

to scott #654846

LoL.Dish isn't going anywhere.

They've been up and running since like the mid 1990's and are one of the biggest cable/satellite services out there.

I'm not saying they're great.I don't like their customer service or hidden fee's but still I highly doubt the company is going away any time soon.

I was also lied to by dish network.I was told I could keep the same package I had and get blockbuster @ home.

When I logged into my account online I saw that they had changed by programming package without my knowledge or consent and was charging be over twice the amount I had been paying.

Not only that one of their tech support told me to purchase a new receiver that was not even compatible with the blockbuster @ home streaming.Dish network should be ashamed of trying to take advantage of consumers!!!

I subscribed to block buster @ home with dish network .I ended up canceling the service for the simple reason one they charge a fee for the service but if you want to watch any of the good movies they charge you an additional fee on top of what you pay for the service it's a bunch of ***.

all the free movies are movies no one wants to watch.

As for the DVD's that you can get through the mail 3 of them have arrived cracked and have had to be returned .I cancelled the service and signed up with Netflix cause I don't have that kind of problem with netflix .

They frauded/lied/misrepresented Blockbuster movies.What you get is a choice of movies NOBODY would want to see.

After the $10 per month DVR is installed, only then do you realize you've been had because you have to pay to see a movie worth watching. I told them yesterday to come take their *** DVR out of my house and their dish off my roof. They can take me to court because I will NEVER pay them the $10 x 24 months fee they tricked my wife and me into signing for BEFORE they installed the DVR so that we could see how we'd been DUPED, e.g., their claim beforehand that they couldn't give us a list of the "many movies" because the list is constantly changing...

***!

I'd gotten them out of my life years ago if I'd known they were the FRAUDS AND LIARS that they are.

My issue, with your service, is that after no less than nine calls, " discovering that your agents didn't even now how to resolve tec problem, referred no less than to " three Supervisor's lol, who also seemed to know very little about your Hookup with Blockbuster as well as how to negotiate your Billing on " My Dish, After being given, everything but stock in your company, " happy to take the perks, by the way" after seven hours on the phone, lol," But, would love it if you might resolve the Bugs in your system and promotion" as well as educating all your staff on how to operate, Billing, Blockbuster, and DVR. lol :upset