Dish Network lies, overcharges, shoddy customer service
Update added by user Jul 13, 2013
And let me add.The $2800 dollar amount isn't a mistake.
I'm figuring by the time this is all said and done...that's what I'll be out! And based on what I've read about them ... they have unethical banking practices too! Going into to people's bank accounts and such!
Taking money for fees and even out of some accounts who fulfilled their contracts!!!A lot of noise on the internet about a class action lawsuit...DISH was already involved in one...AND LOST!!!
Original review posted by user Jul 13, 2013
Let start by saying I usually don't take the time to do this kind of thing...but if I can prevent even 1 person from entering into a "contract" with this "company"...then it's worth it!!!I called to price check Dish Network's bundle of internet and cable.
I was quoted 65.99 for three months and in three months if I canceled the freebies (HBO, Cinemax, etc) my bill would be approx $90. This was for internet and cable! I said yes! They gave me a confirmation number (turned out to be bogus), took my credit card, and the rest is history!
Next day crew comes out and puts in cable only. My husband questions this and is told "no internet is on the order!". He called me right away and I said this is a misunderstanding. So I called DISH...I was told I didn't order internet.
I asked them to get the recording (kept hearing that "all calls are recorded for quality")...me and the customer service rep talked about the internet installation several times. They then say ... "well, not ALL the calls are recorded". HOW Convenient!!!
The confirmation number...that didn't work either!!! After 3.5 hours on the phone...being transferred, hung up on, one person telling me there isn't any internet options in my area (even though I already know there is), I asked to cancel all together...They tell me "you signed a contract!!!" LOL...yeah and I didn't get what I signed up for...I wound up getting someone that said they would send someone out to my house the next day, install for free, and would be 49.99/per month. I gave in...fine. My husband works on the computer and we needed internet!
They come out and put up another DISH on our roof. Two DISHES!!! Two sets of workers traipsing through our house. We get our first bill...$218.00.
They charged for installation, they charged us for a surge protector that was paid for when the installers were at our house, and they charged my cable at 65.99 (what I was told was to include cable and internet during my initial call). And let me add...that calling this company is a joke!!! They transfer you...no one can help you...most of them are in another country or came from one...they make excuses and when you voice your frustration they say "you signed a contract". I told the last "supervisor" I talked to...yeah, I signed a 24 month contract...you think you got me for now, but I will tell everyone I know about this!
I will never refer anyone to DISH and after the 24 months is over...you lost me as a customer for life!I'd rather sit at McDonalds and use free WiFi and order Netflix than to give my money to a "business" with practices such as this...Please...take my warning...don't get DISH!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Customer Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I was a Dish Network customer for several years. I subscribed to pretty all their channels. I guess as of 2009, they changed one of their satellites for international channels...."
- "Yup, just opened my mailbox to pull out a letter with Polish writing all over it, offering Polish programming for $20 for 12 months, from what I can gather. ..."
- "Yelp.com has a Big, Filthy, Disgusting Habit of Using People to write Reviews For Free and Profiting from the Reviews. I can NOT believe that I am actually Writing A Negative..."
- "Went to KFC on 146 in baytown Texas tonight to get the 20.00 meal deal. Got 2 pints of potatoes .. my husband put potatoes on his plate , went..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "Found speaker boombox from Zapals. Good sound quality, soothing color with LED light, this Bluetooth speaker has not one, but two loudspeaker units built inside its body, providing you with..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "My stay with Motel6 in Willoughby Ohio was my worst ever experience I have ever had with any hotel chain. The first impression was in the parking lot with a..."