Dish Network lies, overcharges, shoddy customer service
Update added by user Jul 13, 2013
And let me add.The $2800 dollar amount isn't a mistake.
I'm figuring by the time this is all said and done...that's what I'll be out! And based on what I've read about them ... they have unethical banking practices too! Going into to people's bank accounts and such!
Taking money for fees and even out of some accounts who fulfilled their contracts!!!A lot of noise on the internet about a class action lawsuit...DISH was already involved in one...AND LOST!!!
Original review posted by user Jul 13, 2013
Let start by saying I usually don't take the time to do this kind of thing...but if I can prevent even 1 person from entering into a "contract" with this "company"...then it's worth it!!!I called to price check Dish Network's bundle of internet and cable.
I was quoted 65.99 for three months and in three months if I canceled the freebies (HBO, Cinemax, etc) my bill would be approx $90. This was for internet and cable! I said yes! They gave me a confirmation number (turned out to be bogus), took my credit card, and the rest is history!
Next day crew comes out and puts in cable only. My husband questions this and is told "no internet is on the order!". He called me right away and I said this is a misunderstanding. So I called DISH...I was told I didn't order internet.
I asked them to get the recording (kept hearing that "all calls are recorded for quality")...me and the customer service rep talked about the internet installation several times. They then say ... "well, not ALL the calls are recorded". HOW Convenient!!!
The confirmation number...that didn't work either!!! After 3.5 hours on the phone...being transferred, hung up on, one person telling me there isn't any internet options in my area (even though I already know there is), I asked to cancel all together...They tell me "you signed a contract!!!" LOL...yeah and I didn't get what I signed up for...I wound up getting someone that said they would send someone out to my house the next day, install for free, and would be 49.99/per month. I gave in...fine. My husband works on the computer and we needed internet!
They come out and put up another DISH on our roof. Two DISHES!!! Two sets of workers traipsing through our house. We get our first bill...$218.00.
They charged for installation, they charged us for a surge protector that was paid for when the installers were at our house, and they charged my cable at 65.99 (what I was told was to include cable and internet during my initial call). And let me add...that calling this company is a joke!!! They transfer you...no one can help you...most of them are in another country or came from one...they make excuses and when you voice your frustration they say "you signed a contract". I told the last "supervisor" I talked to...yeah, I signed a 24 month contract...you think you got me for now, but I will tell everyone I know about this!
I will never refer anyone to DISH and after the 24 months is over...you lost me as a customer for life!I'd rather sit at McDonalds and use free WiFi and order Netflix than to give my money to a "business" with practices such as this...Please...take my warning...don't get DISH!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Customer Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Just a small reminder that if you plan to retire or relocate down here in Mexico and want to get cable TV, DO NOT....I repeat....DO NOT get DISH.I have been..."
- "I had a tech come and install two more systems and the tech left a huge mess of wires hanging from my wall and ceiling. I couldn't close the door...."
- "After leaving Centurylink due to our old 3mbps + phone that cost ~$100 we changed to Suddenlink for their 15/1 for ~$50. There is no doubt the speed is..."
- "My stay with Motel6 in Willoughby Ohio was my worst ever experience I have ever had with any hotel chain. The first impression was in the parking lot with a..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- "I ordered a Nikon D610 Camera Body w/ accessories bundle this week. I received the item and it came in a box with absolutely ZERO bubble wrap and all of..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."
- "Purchased a HP DC7900 tower from Joy (thru Walmart) two months ago. It arrived a day early and worked perfectly. Even though Windows Update was broken, that was the fault..."