We have Dish Network and husband wanted to upgrade from 200 channels to 250 channels so I looked on there site and it showed that there would be a $10 increase.I called only to discover that our bill would increase from $58 a month to $85 a month.

I asked them why there site said it was a $10 difference and they said it was because of this, that and the other thing. I told them I was already paying for this that, and the other thing and their math did not make any sense if the only thing I was doing was going from 200 channels to 250 channels and according to their own website is was a $10 increase not a $23 increase. After 10 minutes of double talk trying to explain to me how they did the calculations I told them thank you for your time when our contract expires in Nov we are NOT renewing! Satellite companies feel that they can do whatever they want w/o consideration for their cutomers.

They change the channels by removing channels whenever they want w/o contacting the customer. How is this legal since the customer has a contract? If any other company changed the contract w/o the customer approval they would be violating several laws and end up in court. Satellite companies also lock you into a 2 year contract so that if they make these changes w/o your knowledge or approval there is nothing you can do about it.

Seriously?In Nov I am so done with satellite, if I can't watch it on the internet for free then I don't need it!

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

Deborahallen,

Your post caught my attention as I found it interesting and would like to help!I understand the situation and allow me to get it cleared up.

The discrepency in your bill was most likely due to prorated charge adjustments if you had made the upgrade in the middle of a bill period.

To make sure this was the case, I would encourage you to email me your account number so I can look over it for all information.My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I'll enjoy the opportunity of assisting you further in getting this squared away!