During the "telephone sales pitch" DISH blatantly misrepresented their Internet service to me. This was done on purpose to sell me a "bundle" and supposedly save me money.

Let me iterate the ways the salesman misrepresented the Internet service.

1) At no time did he mention that the Internet Service required a "second" dish antenna installed on the roof. This fact only became known at the time the technician arrived to install the antennas, and after the contract was signed.

2) I was told I would have 20Gb of usage per month; and that if I was not a game-player that amount should be very adequate. At no time did he mention that only 10Gb of usage would be available during normal awake hours. The other 10Bb must be used between the hours of 2AM and 8AM. In essence then, you really only get 10Gb of usage per month. Average Internet surfing, and watching a few YouTube videos can easily use up your entire 10Gb of available monthly usage, in as little as 12 to 18 days. Then you are done for that month. And, forget about downloading a movie to watch, or using any other video streaming programming; since just one movie could easily use up 2 to 4 Gb of your usage in a few short hours.

3) So, what happens after you have used up your 10Gb of usage? At no time did he mention that your Internet Service would be throttled down to sub-dial-up speeds such as we used to have decades ago when we accessed the Internet with a 1200 baud dial-up modem. The Internet of today cannot be effectively accessed at that speed, and they know it. Therefore, you are done accessing the Internet, unless you set your alarm so you can do it after 2AM in the morning.

4) At no time did he mention that DISHAnywhere utilizes your Internet Service, and as such will take another huge *** out of your 10Gb per month usage limit.

Finally, once you realize you've been "hoodwinked" into signing a contract for misrepresented services; you may consider early termination of the service, so you can get it from a REAL Internet provider. Not so fast! DISH has an iron-clad contract whereby they will charge you as much as $17.50 per month of unused services.

I could see them charging an Early Termination Fee if you terminated a contract for something that was CLEARLY represented to you, before signing - but to charge you early termination charges for something that was blatantly misrepresented to you in the first place is incredibly poor business practices. There are other words to describe this type of salesmanship; but I will leave those to your imagination.

Review about: Dish Network Internet Service.

Comments

Totally agree. Loyal customer for 2 1/2 years.

We pay 200+ a month. We have had problem after problem. And all they want is more money. My husband and i are about to swap back to direct.

When we were with direct if problems occurred they would at least fix the problem or credit our account back.

Ican say this has never happened with dish. I will not at this point recommend dish to anyone.

Mike.H_DISH
Conroe, Texas, United States #838158

Hello,

I can totally understand why this would be frustrating for you and I am more than happy to help you with any DISH questions you have today!

We always ask our customers that have this system to monitor data usage, delete cookies and cache as well to visit secure sites.

I would like to take a deeper look into this for you, would you please e-mail me; michael.houston@dish.com, with the phone to better assist you? Thanks.

Mike Houston

Social Media Representative DISH LLC.