1.2K views

I am pissed off. Dish Network say they wanna make your move easier.....How is charging $106 to transfer service helping????

In addition having to pay for moving and the service also. I feel like this makes things more complicated. Because thats money that is wasted. Who a extra $100 to pay for their service to be moved.

On top of I have already paid this fee when the service was installed. I feel like the first move should be a courtesy and anything after that then charge!!!!

As I told the representative that I spoke with from dish network I was not informed of this when I set up service. She By the way was not very helpfull nor did she try to be she was more less being sarcastic.Which I feel was highly upsetting on top of having to deal with other more important details.I don't recommend Dish Network to anybody....

Comments

Terre Haute, Indiana, United States #789866

How about you move 5 times in one year and get all 5 installs free. The tech is not going to install this for free. There's always a free route, over the air antenna.

Had to move, dish charged me $100.00 even after i asked about adds, was told a lot of BS of why and how they i still had to pay. Very disappointed

I to am moving. I have had dish for a year and I have it set up for my payment to come directly out of my bank account every month.

It never not once has been late. And when I asked about the free moving thing. They told me I didn't qualify. Then I asked about the house warming packages they have for free such as free movie channels for 3 mths but big surprise I didn't qualify for that either.

But when I asked them they could not give me the reason as to why I didn't qualify. After my contract is over I'm dropping this ***.

I do not recomend dish network... :(

Same thing happened to me!!!!!!

i got transfered 4 times and al i got it down to was $50

When it was supposed to be free

even when i made my appointment the guy was a NO SHOW!!!

i dont recommend dish to anyone their servie is horrible

I was informed when I first setup my services with Dish Network that if I move I could have my services transferred "free of charge", bit now that I am actually moving and need my services transferred Dish wants me to pay 100.00! This is very very upsetting.

This is not right and if Dish doesn't get themselves together they are going to lose a customer! I'm not going pay for something that was offered to me free of charge!

same thing happen to me! It's not Free!!!

they want to charge me 100 dollars!

I don't have the money! new house, deposit, payments, electricity and now this???

Oh and comment number 4 dish said, about the advertisement. Dish network look online your ***!!

You ADVERTISE FREE!!!

I have pictures and print outs and your butts getting sued!!! :(

Dish network is the biggest joke ever!!!! They advertise they move for free, NOT!!!

They charged me 150 dollars extra on my bill and today took 350 dollars out of my account. Dish network your about to get sued for false advertisment!!!!

I had a similar experience with Dish Customer service just a few minutes ago. THe cust service agent forwarded me to an "account specialist" who gave me the standard canned response that they could not do anything about the Dishmover charge.

I told him that had i known there would be moving charge, I would have paid the early termination fee to terminate the contract. i was never informed that there would be a moving charge, though I have been a customer for may years and my programming from the old house to the new house was the same. It is a pity that a big corporation keeps its long term customers in the dark and is petty about making $$$ to meet its quarterly numbers for the stock market. Shame on Charlie Ergen and the rest of the Dish Network management team to resort to such measures to earn a few extra bucks.

Charlie, your coffers might get bigger with these petty unnanounced charges, but please krrp in mind that you are earning the illwill of the majority of customers who will never return to Dish Network. THis is the age of a-la-carter programming, and tying customers down with these charges will never work.

I am out of Dish, and will never recommend them with all the new choices available. Ciao.

I had a very bad experience with DISH NETWORK customer representative. I have been with them for 7 years without interruptions.

My last Move was >3years ago.

I called today and got a rude agent who told me it is going to cost $100 and there is nothing he can do. I already have cancellation pending from this saturday.

Lockheart,

I apologize about the confusion regarding the DISH mover’s promotion. It may have been extremely hard to give you an exact reason why you were not able to get a DISH movers at no charge, there are a lot of reasons the cost of a DISH movers promotion may vary; the current promotion you are under, the current agreement you have, your account status, we may also have a promotion running for DISH movers (may have additional requirements, etc. I can assure you, when you are ready to do a DISH mover we will offer you the best option we have available at that time. We strive to provide accurate information to our customers to give them the best customer service available. If you have any other questions regarding this promotion or any other promotions we offer feel free to email me.

Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com

O! Ok Cheri! It's bad customer service even though it's how you tell us to do it!

Why don't you just tell them the *** truth already!

Lockhart, Rodseline Powers. You were low grade customers. First teir of the 5 teirs we have for customers at dish. First tiers and flex accounts don't get free moves becasue flex account people have bad credit and should be billed as much as possible because statistically they're ***...or that's how the business world views them. First teir customers who aren't in a flex account can move onto the higher teirs, as long as they pay their bill on time. You pay late, even a day late and your teir goes down. O, and you have to spend a lot, the more you spend the higher your teir is as well. See, we had to come after you for money, so why should we do anything for you people for free?

Cheri, don't bother emailing them, they will give you nothing but a run around.

I too recently moved, and was astonished to find that 'Moving is free with Dish Network', included a $100 charge because my account 'wasn't qualified for free moving'. Several customer service reps, as well as a couple of the 3 day Dish Network Supervisor training class graduates weren't able to tell me how to get my account qualified.

We put our account on hold, will have it there until the 6 months are up, then cancel it.

Dish Network is the crummiest business on the planet.

CheriT @ DISH Network

Hi, Cheri Torres with DISH Network here. I came across your post recently and wanted to see if I could help.

I first of all wanted to apologize for the bad customer service experience that you had with our representative. If you would like to email me at Cheri.Torres@Dishnetwork.com with your account information I would be happy take a look at the account and see if there is anything else we can do to help with your issue. If you have any other questions or concerns regarding this issue or anything others feel free to email me anytime.

Thanks and have a great day! :)