In an effort to curb costs in the home budget, as with most, we fell for the color glossy circular in our mailbox from Dish Network. After no problems, aside from cost with Direct TV (customer for over 10 years), we switched.

That was the biggest mistake I think I have ever made as a consumer. The installer came out two days later, he took about 6 hours to finish the installation. When he was done, it seemed like he was in a hurry to get out of here. So he went through the usage of the DVR - quickly. He also stated that he couldn't get our remote to work with our TV.

After he left, I noticed that we were not getting HD signal. I also cracked open the manual, followed the instructions and took the 5 minutes to successfully program the remote for my TV.

The next day, my kids wanted to watch their shows, and we could not get the DVR to respond. I called Dish Tech support. After countless resets, reboots, unplugs and re-plugs, they conceded and sent out a tech to 'replace' the bad DVR.

Two days later (yes two days no TV, which was probably a blessing) when he arrived, he assessed that the whole system needed to be rewired, etc. Wow, I said. Okay. So, he did. 5 hours later, shazaam, things looked good. We had HD signal, a newer model DVR and we where all set.

The next day, my wife and I wanted to watch a movie, while the kids went upstairs to watch one of their shows. As we just get settled in to watch the movie, I hear a cry from upstairs - Daddy! Our TV is broke. I'm cringing now. So, I go upstairs to find that the signal on the TV was horrid - I mean, pre cable TV, rabbit ears horrid. Fuzzy, double images etc.

That was the last straw. I was not calling tech support. I was calling to cancel this time and I was not going to pay any *** cancellation fee for something I've not had even a week.

I called, cancelled and was not charged a cancellation fee. I was instructed to call a number to arrange for an 'uninstall' of the equipment. I called the number they gave me, which was the original install contractor, and they promptly said they could not do that without a work order, so they transferred me back to Dish Network.

I explained this to the next Dish Network rep, and they give me another number to call. Same result, transfer back to Dish. By this time I'm steaming. I want to do the right thing. I want them to have their crappy equipment back.

So I call back to Dish again, and again got a different person, who could not hear me, Hello? Hello? and they hang up. More steam.

I wait about 5 minutes to collect myself. I call back, and explain very politely my situation. I get transferred to another person, who explains to me that they just send me a box, and I just pack it up and return it. Perfect, that I can do.

That brings me to today. Today I get an email from Dish Network confirming the cancellation and listing the equipment I need to send back. Three DVRs and one remote. What???? What???? no, no no. I only have one DVR and two remotes ( the DVR can be accessed from upstairs so we have two remotes.)

So again, I call Dish Network, I speak to the rep, explain my new plight, and she puts me on hold ---- then hangs up. Yep, she hung up. Hung, Up. I am now fuming mad.

I call back, get a new rep of course, go through the whole spiel and she puts me on hold, and I wait - I timed it, 3 min 45 seconds. She tells me I need to give her the serial # of the receiver I have in my possession. The one I've packed up to ship back.

So I go down, unpack it, read her the serial number and go back on hold for 2 minutes 18 seconds.

She comes back and says "good news!" we will not be charging you for those other two receivers, they are in the possession of the dispatch team who did your install.

Oh gee, thanks for 'doing me a favor' by fixing your screw up.

I will never, ever, never, ever, never, ever, ever, I don't care if its free and they pay me, I would never go to Dish Network again. Ever.

The End.

Review about: Dish Network Receiver.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

I am so sorry to hear about your situation.I hear of too many situations like this.

If you need any help with finding a new provider feel free to call.1-866-223-4732

Chris :)