1.1K views

All of a sudden I have noticed an increase in my dish bill with no increase in service. I have found a $7.00 monthly protection plan charge appeared on my bill in the past several months. I had been rear-ended in a car accident 6 months ago, ultimately resulting in a surgery and complicated rehab. That made it difficult for me to follow up on this right away.

I called dish. They said I could drop the coverage immediately. I asked why it started in the first place. They said it is automatically added to charges 3 months after beginning service with Dish. Mind you, we have been with Dish, and only Dish, since analog TV was dropped. I told them this. I also told them we were never informed that this charge would begin or when it would begin. I also told them I never authorized nor requested such a charge.

They simply stated again that I could drop the plan. There was NO offer of reimbursement or credit for monthly billings of the protection plan I never requested.

Obviously this was not implemented in their supposed 3 month window of stated opportunity on their part.

Is their any class action suit out there against Dish for this seemingly illegal billing? Please let me know if you have had the same problem, or is this a "new" attempt to make money deviously on the part of Dish?

I am not yet certain what we are going to do about our service. We need to find another inexpensive option for TV services. We also do not have a lot of time or money to invest in being setup or wired with another company.

Thanks for any input you might have.

Review about: Dish Network Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States #824398

Dish did the same to me.Out of the blue they signed me up for a $7/mo "protection plan" I never ordered or authorized and they didn't itemize it on my bill.

They did itemize it on the next bill and when I called to have it removed and the past charges credited they charged me a ONE TIME CHANGE charge of $25 for a service I never authorized to begin with.They removed it after I complained but gave me a hard time about doing so.

MikeLDISH123
Aurora, Colorado, United States #663385

I'm very sorry to hear about the incident you had and it would be my pleasure to review your account for you so see what's going on if you could please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com! I hope to hear from you and my apologies again about your accident!

They must remove all the charges if you never authorized the “protection plan”.File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Colorado where this company is headquartered.

This way your issue will be in writing and dated, "on the record".

Do not put your account number or personal identifiers like SSN on the BBB site, the site has public access.

If the company does not cooperate take the complaint to your state’s Attorney Generals office.Because of past problems this company has had the AGs need to monitor them for consumer problems such as this.