I signed with dishnetwork a 2 year contract for the 24.99 package.

Recently the price increased to 29.99.

I called the Dish CS for a clarification. They simply said it is legal for them to raise the price and still the customer is bound to the contract.

The call was handled by a 2nd accounts department (a very rude CS). She said Dish is not bound to inform customers about the price increase. This is total BS. I read the contract and it says Dish needs to inform customers of the price raise.

Also, as part of their 30 years celebration they opened up Starz for 12 months. The rude CS just told me I can opt out of it to get a 5$ discount.

Get real Dish... You can as well beg to the customers to get money instead of playing cheap tactics like this.

Apparently while I was talking the 2nd level CS just used to open up the volume and kept saying she could not hear me.

This is a company which is run by thieves and the most dishonest set of people.

I hate Dish network and never ever in my life would I recommend them.

Already I passed my comments to a couple of my friends relocating to my place and they were taken aback by the rude CS incident I narrated them.

Dish network rename yourself to FISHY NETWORK.

Review about: Dish Network Account.

Comments

I have one better. I had an international package since November 09, a few months back I removed it since my mom wasn't here to watch it, and added the America 120.

Mom is back as of yesterday for the next 9 months hence I called dishnetwork to add the package again while still keeping the America 120. I was told by the CS that I have to pay $100 upgrade fee and $5 for the technician to come out here to give me a new satellite that will receive those channels again. When asked about what would have happened if I never removed it would have dishnetwork force me into buying the upgrade for channels already working and the guy just said these are new development.

Seriously! If this isn't rip off I don't know what is.

Pbabe52,

I apologize there was so much confusion regarding your pricing. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; expiration of promotions, price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming. Each year we negotiate hundreds of contracts with the network providers to help keep our customers cost down and remain the lowest all digital pay TV provider.

The price on this ad is our new customer offer, and is based on the normal package price minus the new customer discount of $10/$15 off for 12 months and the ad says that we do have the ability to change prices. On 2/1, the normal price of your (choose package) increased by $5, though you are still receiving the same $10/$15 discount per month as advertised. We continue to offer the lowest everyday price in the pay TV industry, saving our customer money every month as compared to our competitors!

We do not have a way to provide a price for the full two years of a contract. The main reason for this is because of our contracts with the network providers. Our customers sign up at different times throughout the entire year. It would be unfair of us to charge one customer a price and another customer a different price for the same programming due to an increase demand from our providers. There is not any way for us to anticipate the increase each provider will ask each year or anticipate the actual increase through negotiations. Therefore we do not have a way to include that increase into a customer’s price of their contract.

It would be unfair for us to charge a customer the outrageous anticipated amount networks demand and than six months later come to find we were are to negotiate a fair deal from hundreds of the providers for less than what we anticipated and charged customers for. We provide customer with many promotional credits and/or free programming, once these have expired the original cost of programming would be restored to the customer, and any promotional programming with be charged if the customer has not removed it at the end of the trial offer.

Customers are allowed to change their programming any time during their contract with us as long as they have the minimum package. Some customers will find that they do not watch all the channels or have a financial decrease during their contract with us, for this we allow a customer to change their rate by changing their programming and options on an account. We do not hold a customer to any package that they initially signed up with. We do not require any notice for our customers to change their programming in order to reduce their bill.

What sets us apart is that we are also taking two unprecedented actions in the industry by giving all existing customers a price freeze on all DISH America and America's Top packages (excluding AEP) until 2013. If you have any questions I would love to further assist you with them as well. Let me know if I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com

I believe I am at my first anniversary, at which point I thought I understood them to say that I will have my bill doubled. I am not looking forward to it. I saw in the contract that they will hit my bank account up for $400 if I tried to cancel.

Originally I responded to their 39.99 flyer. Sounded fine--until we got into all the double-talk about 'rebates' and most a lot of marketing garbage blessed by attorneys. I have a suggestion: Dish TV needs to fire a significant number of both their marketing and legal staff--to save them money to pass back to their stockholders--and then just offer a straightforward, honest, no rebates services @ $X. Period. Cut out all the *** to bamboozle new customers. It's what i call the new corporatist 'garbage' business model. ['Garbage' meaning anything that is not or does not offer good old American value for your money.) My assessment of a lot of carriers--cable and communications--are that they all charge just about 200% of what they should be charging. (A cable or dish bill's monthly portion of a working family's income should not represent one of the top three bills they have to pay. That is 'garbage'.)

The US (used to be middle-class)working class is now poorer than they were ten years ago, and yet these (disgusting and apparently mindless--corporations are living in a fantasy world which cannot go on forever.) . ..And then they killed the golden goose. Truly immoral and corrupt (as in "greedy").

DanB@Dish Network

We understand that having a price increase shortly after signing up can be upsetting. We also understand that rising rates are hard on the average working customer.

Because of this we have instituted a 2 year price freeze on all of our America's top packages;this includes the top 120,200 and 250 packages. No other provider in the industry has done this. We work hard to maintain the lowest pricing in the industry. One way we do this is consistently working to negotiate reasonable carriage agreements with our programming providers.

However, as the rates to produce and broadcast programming do rise, from time to time we must occasionally increase our rates. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.