In mid-Nov, I changed from credit card auto-pay to bank auto-pay to pay my monthly Dish bill of $52.99. Instead of taking out $52.99, they took $529.92 out of my bank account.

When I saw the error, I called Dish customer service and they said they had already caught the error and I would receive the balance back by Dec 19. That didn't happen. Instead they took an additional $52.99 from those funds that they were holding to cover my next bill and put the credit (now $423) on hold in their pending file waiting for someone in another department to approve the credit. I spoke to a supervisor, who said there was no explanation for why the credit was on hold and he said he would do me a favor and approve the $423 credit.

I contacted my bank and they got the total amount of $529.92 back. After that fiasco, I cancelled auto-pay. Today I went to the Dish website to pay my monthly bill and found that the bill had grown by $100. When I called, I was told that there was a charge of $95 plus tax to cover a technician visit.

I told the rep. (Cyndi) that no one came to my house and I had never asked for a technician. Aside from talking down to me, she finally removed the $100 from the bill. I've been a Dish customer since the early 1990s.

Never had any problems with them until now. I've filed a complaint with my state attorney general's office about this matter.

Every time I turn around Dish is either taking more money out of my bank account than they should or charging me for services never requested. What is going on with Dish?

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Tv Service.

Comments

Mike.H_DISH
League City, Texas, United States #588735

Hi Leepgh, my name is Mike Houston a Social Media Representative at DISH. I understand this can be frustrating and I am more than happy to help you with any and all DISH questions you may have.

Would you e-mail me with any DISH questions you have? My e-mail is; michael.houston@dish.com and I can help with all of your DISH needs.