Dish Network quoted 29.99/mo with no contract. They sent billing for $49/mo, $99/mo, and later $214 for a totally-fabricated contract. I later found they had dinged my credit reports.

I cancelled their service after about 9 days because of hasseling over charges and very rude customer service. I can't figure out how Dish Network can stay in bussiness with such brazen disregard to law and ethics. It woud be good if a government agency could discover and punish the perpetrators.

The initial low price that they advertised has nothing to do with what you get charged. They acted as if the initial quote and advertisement were just suggestions. After insisting on the initial quoted price they became very rude and argumentitive.

They relentlessly kept calling back trying to harass me into paying a higher rate and non-existent contract . . . . the company from ***.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

Sell your stock in both Dish Network and DirectTV, Both only show constant reruns with a couple of new things a month thinking this is enough to keep the customer happy,bull *** for what we pay and also Dish Network and

DirecTV (NYSE:DTV) are expecting to face rapidly increasing programming costs, in large measure because the company has had to fork over ever-increasing amounts of cash to keep exclusive National Football League content for its NFL Sunday Ticket package.

Not surprisingly, DirecTV has said that customer growth should slow as a result of higher costs, and management recently signaled a shift in focus toward “customer retention” rather than heavy promotions to draw in new subscribers. Equipment subsidies and marketing costs now top $800 for each customer acquired, and it takes about 18 months for DirecTV to get that money back.

In addition, more content is available online, so more and more people are leaving Dish Network and Directtv and are turning to the Internet for programming and Netflixs for there movies. That hurts Dish and DTV more than competing cable companies that offer high-speed Internet access along with phone and television service.

wilkerson

NOTHING BUT SCAM ARTISTS.They hit me price increases every month,when i cancelled i paid the 297 they chraged my C-card two months later. Then they charged me 39.48 the next month for shipping of their stuff back to them.

AliciaB_dish your full of it,quit yring to make yourselfs at dish network into Little Angels,you got complaints all over internet even lawsuits for fraud.

I'm with DISH Network.I apologize there was so much confusion regarding your pricing/promotions.

We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; expiration of promotions, price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming. We have independent retailers that customers can elect to use; most of them will have promotions available. If you were offered a promotion or rebate through them you would have to return to them to get your promotion or rebate offer.

However if you email me the information I would be happy to look at all our options for you.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com

I wish I would have read this before enrolling, Get this, Advertisement says Showtime free for three months, be aware that is only if you enroll in auto pay.DISH Cupons, I got a $50.00 coupon from my brother in law, entered in my on line applicaiton, within 15 min received calls from DISH wanting all my info over, I gave the coupon number to them two times as well.

The coupon isn't being honored since they say I didn't provide it prior to activation..WHAT!!While on chat with a DISH rep he says I needed to give it to the technician before he made the install Yes, Be ware of false Dish advertising.

.I apologize there was so much confusion regarding your pricing.

We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. We try to ensure every customer is aware of their "bottom line" pricing.

We provide a lot of much information to customers at the time they set up the account, and I apologize if you we not aware of all the charges you would receive.There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming.

Eduardo Castex, La Pampa, Argentina #199253

DONT USE DISH, THEY WILL TELL YOU ONE THING AND CHARGE YOU ANOTHER. THE WORSE EVER....

they send a box and ups sticker to get receiver back, and then send me a bill, to pay for returning it to them, i just called and told her, this is a scam, it's illegal, you want more money go get it from god, cause you ain't getting anymore from me ;)

We were quoted $34.99 a month with free movie channels, hd upgrade, and hd receiver.We paid the $99.00 no contract fee to get us out of a contract, and were still told that we would get the same deal.

We just got out bill in the mail and they charged us almost $300.00 for two months, up front. Turns out, the sales person, Kathy, who sold us this "good deal", is "no longer working for the company" as quoted by the sales person who now has her direct number.

We got the bait and switch hard cored and am now waiting for a call back to see see what they can do for us.They better honor what we were told or a formal complaint to the FCC and BBB is in order.

Any other suggestions??

Watch out for these third party thieves. All they are interested in is sucking you in to a 2 yr contract and hitting you up with fees up the gazoo if you back out. Beware of these ***-artists (including DISH themselves), you'll be making a deal with the devil.

I am a former tech and customer support agent of Dish and cannot speak for all situations but Dish Network uses local contracts w/ installation companies (ex: Big Bob's Satallite, Radio Shack, etc..) who are the out-bound sales callers.The flyers you get in the mail or newspaper are from these companys and the phone # on them are often not even to a Dish Network call center but to your local hub (equipment/install supplier).

Unfortunatly many of them are not on the up-and-up and will have customers sign a 3rd party contract paperclipped to the Dish contract.

I had seen more than once where a customer signed a 4 yr commitment with minimum required programming to the local hub but had no contractual obligation to Dish Network at all so if they canceled service the local hub could charge the customer a cancellation fee (saw one for $800 once).Unfortunatly most people do not read ALL of the fine print before signing.