I was watching an international channel the other day when a scrolling message came up saying that international channels were about to change and I needed to upgrade my receiver.I contacted customer support and was first told that I needed to upgrade my receiver (this was after checking my records and identifying me as a customer).

But because I'm a good customer they would provide the upgrade for free but I needed to pay a $15 installation fee and sign a 24 months commitment. I questioned the reason for the upgrade and why I had to pay a fee. After the traditional 'Could you hold please?' I was told that my receiver is updated and I don't need the upgrade.

Amazes me how those people try to get your money any way they can.How many people WILL NOT question and thinking they will loose their channels will accept this so called upgrade and pay the fee and commit to 24 month of service with Dish Network.

Review about: Dish Network Receiver.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

Was that channel TV Japan?

Re:"I was watching an international channel the other day when a scrolling message came up saying that international channels were about to change"