Dish Network Service Truck Damaged My Yard

259 of 1651 Dish Network reviews

Update added by user Mar 10

Dish Network has contacted me several times but has failed to repair my yard. I honestly don't think they will ever do anything. I urge everyone to be wary of dealing with Dish Network because their customer service is non-existent.

Original review posted by user Feb 09

I needed a Dish Network service technician to come and program a replacement DVR for me. When the technician arrived, instead of pulling his truck into my gravel driveway he decided it would be better to drive his truck into my yard. Well, that was a major mistake. His truck sank about 4" into the dirt (soft soil and grass) and immediately became stuck. After completing the service call he had to call a wrecker to come pull him out. It took approximately 3 hours for the wrecker to arrive.

The technician apologized for his mistake but didn't offer to fix the 15 foot long, 4" deep, 6" wide ruts in my yard. I told him I was on disability and 66 years old and could not make the repairs to my yard. New dirt would have to be hauled in and placed in the ruts and grass replanted. He just walked away like nothing had happened and it was not his fault.

So, I contacted Dish Network and filed a claim on January 25th. I even sent pictures of the damage to my yard and the wrecker pulling the Dish service truck out of my yard. A local manager called and asked what happened but never came out to see the damages. I have talked to Tiffany Vialpando at the Dish "Office of the President" twice but she has not given me any information regarding my claim or what Dish might do. I have made several calls to Ms. Vialpando and sent several emails but have gotten no responses.

I am tired of being ignored. Please think twice about using the Dish Network service department. They really don't care about their long tem customers. They just want you to keep paying your HIGH bill each month and keeping your mouth shut.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Dish Dvr
Review category
Telecommunications
review #787062 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Dish Network? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
259 of 1651 Dish Network reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 11 #1110441

Thank you for sharing your disaster created by Dish Network. I was in the process of going with Dish today. Some girl who said her name was Chris, she was explaining what they could offer me. She would quote an installation price put me on hold come back with a different prices. This happened several times. She ran my credit charged my card $1.00. Told me there would be two installations charges each one for Internet the other for T.V. due today @ $156.25 then she changed it to $157.25 and told me next month I would be billed $286.00 well that totals $599.50 the "special" she put me on hold again before I could question what these fees were for and the phone went dead. I waited for a call back as she repeated my number several times. All an all they stole my $1 and I decided to check customers' complaints.
I'm not signing with Dish Net. Texas

0 0 Reply

Feb 09 #1109318

File police report for property damage contact ASAP, Contact your local DHS office for free legal services phone number since your on disability!!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.