This issue really got bad with them sending me erroneous bills after the cancelation & equipment return. The letter always states that the balance will be automatically deducted from my account. When I call them, they always apologize and say they will take the wrong charge off immediately. 2 weeks later, another letter shows up.

Now I will backtrack and list all my woes/troubles/gripes with the company starting from the first time I signed their contract.

1. On Signing, I specifically raised the question on whether moving the service would cost me, because they do a 2 year contract and apt. leases are a yr long. I was told yes several times, however, they would've charged me $150 to move the service. I didn't have it moved, I have another service so didn't move, but brought all equipment over myself.

2. My contract was up in Dec 2012 - I called in Oct 2012 and gave in a notice of cancelation when the contract was up in Dec. I did not change my debit card information which they had on file and they continued to bill me till Mar 2013. Thats when I realized it, called them and got upset. They canceled the service but would not reimburse.

3. For cancelation, I was asked to send equipment back otherwise they would charge me anywhere from $300-$400. They said they will send me a FREE return box to ship the equipment. I verified with them what equipment was supposed to be returned and it was the receiver and the remote. There is an LBF device on the dish itself that the rep offered to waive himself saying its sometimes hard for the customers to get to those devices. I said great, sent of off the receiver and remote. Next I got a bill for the LBF device. Called in, the rep cancelled it after I explained what was discussed - they are never able to see previous tickets. but he took it off. Next week, another letter, this continued for 3 times. The 3rd time I called and was rude on the phone. At that point, they changed the story and said that they were charging me for the return label and not the lbf device. But they said they will cancel it too. Unfortunately, the same story has continued and now its end of June. Ive spoken to two managers and I always get a promise that those bills are by mistake and will be taken off but they never are. And I keep getting bills in the mail.

Ive spent $160 extra in unauthorized service charges for 3 extra months, and they keep trying to charge me different bills now all within a range of $23 witha different story everytime. There is no getting away from this thief company it seems.

BEWARE!

Review about: Dish Network Receiver.

Comments

MikeLDISH123
Aurora, Colorado, United States #709049

pastelle,

You're very welcome as this is exactly what we're here for! We always like to reach out to help in any way we can.

Mr. Busa, thanks.

If I see another letter or a unscrupulous charge on my debit card again, I sure will.

But until then, I believe I have already spent enough overtime with Dish and do not want to ever engage with anyone there again, or pass my information to somebody working there either. Thanks for the offer.

DanB@Dish Network
Aurora, Colorado, United States #668362

Hello, my name is Dan Busa with DISH Social Media. I know how frustrating billing issues can be and I would love to assist you. Please send me an e-mail at: Daniel.Busa@DISH.com