Northville, New York

So this is a continuation of this comment back in the beginning of my service. Heres the link: http://dish-network.pissedconsumer.com/dish-network-3-strikes-20110316227094.html

After everything I've gone through to have dish as my TV provider, all's they've done is give me free payper view *** and free starz for about another month or so. Not too bad, but my complaint was about the rate that I signed on for and it going up. Their answer was, we had a rate increase, its un avoidable. Whatever, that's fine. I'll pay the increase, mainly because there was nothing I could do about it.

This brings me to my main complaint with these guys. We are moving and the apartment complex we are in now does not allow anything to be attached to the outside of it. No dishes, cables, antenna, not even a barbequer. They allow patio furniture, in moderation, but that's it basically. It's a very nice complex, otherwise I would have looked elsewhere. Price is right too! Anyways, I beg Dish network to help me out here, I show them all my issues I had with them in the beginning and I'm just asking for a little help here. I can't afford the termination fee with all the moving. On top of that, I have to pay to have the equipment shipped back to them as well.

So after all my begging, pleading and talking to supervisors, even trying to go online and chat with someone, they will not just wave the $175 fee to terminate. They would rather have a pissed off customer giving them a negative review and potentially having them lose customers. I run a Hotel, I know that if 10 or 20 dollars off a room will make the guest happy, then by all means, make them happy. They may still tell others what the problem was, but at least theres a chance they will say I fixed it and made them happy.

I will make sure I make a dent in Dish Networks wallet, customer base or whatever I can. This is unacceptable customer service and I wish to the heavens I never signed up with you guys!

Review about: Dish Network Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

#419489

I lied, I have one last argument.Per your statement, "So after all my begging, pleading and talking to supervisors, even trying to go online and chat with someone, they will not just wave the $175 fee to terminate.

They would rather have a pissed off customer giving them a negative review and potentially having them lose customers.", does this mean that you have no problem just giving money to me cause You dont want me to be mad at you? Or waive off all that damage I did to your hotel room, because you dont want me to be upset and come back and do it again. You are asking the same thing. If you are going to reference your job, then think of the similarities.

It cost Dish network for the Equipment, the transportation, the contracts with TV programmers, to send a tech out, the hardware used to install, and advertisement. They waived all of these costs (depending on your equipment) up to $1000. That $175 Cancellation fee isnt so much now is it? Dont forget all the money being wasted everytime you call, and they now have to employ people to hgave working customer service lines and active customer service agents.

thats another $15/5 minute call.

You have made multiple calls and been on the phone for hours, maybe they should waive the cancellation fee, and just charge you for each of these individually.That would make you happy right?

#419486

Not to make any assumptions, but it does sound like violation of the commitment if you are breaking the contract.Is this something outside DISH Networks control?

It is frustrating moving somewhere new, but you have volunteered the information that you have chosen a residence not allowing a DISH installed. So Dish network then eats the cost because you violated the commitment? Normally I am a advocate of the little guy, but this is entirely on you this time. Sounds valid to me.

Also to try and wreck a reputation because you are unsatisfied because of decision you made, is entirely childish and irresponsible, but hey, guess it sure is nice to live in America. And you offering an Unsatisfied customer a credit will bring them back to your hotel, but what is the credit going to do, for someone who cannot come to your hotel again? You just gave away money, which is fiscally irresponsible and your company may want to look into that as well. On the last note, an apartment complex can not refuse to install a dish antenna, nor can an HOA community.

You have rights to choose a provider as outline in the "Rights For Dish". Do not jump to a complaint site before researching first.

You have not brought a good argument to the table, just a well verbalized one.Back to the drawing board for you.

fieryfurnace

Yes, Dish Network is horrible.I have the same issue, only they are trying to charge me $332.

When I signed up with Dish Network, I specifically stated I do not want to be in a contract. The representative assured me that it would not be a contract, it would be month to month.

Now, they are telling me that when the technician came out to set up my service, that was the contract.I will file a complaint with the UPC because he only stated I was signing for the installation