Signing up for auto pay with Dish Network is like giving the fox the keys to the chicken coop.

I tried to disconnect with them last year specifically because of their deceptive and predatory practices.

Stupidly, I signed up again when they offered me a low monthly rate for the next year. Magically, last month, they decided that I "owed" them for a piece of their defective equipment that was shipped back to them around a YEAR ago.

When I sent them back their defective DVR, I kept calling and asking for written confirmation that they had received it. They told me that was not possible, but not to worry, they would credit my card for the amount they had erroneously billed me for (right around 300 dollars, with no written notice , thank you very much)

I can't even express in words the amount of time wasted nor the aggravation incurred, but needless to say, when I saw another 300.00 charge on my credit card this month, I was livid.

When I called them, they tried to justify why this charge was correct.

In five days, I will be billed interest on my credit card, for their bogus charge.

Dish Network, you are ridiculous and I can only hope enough people realize they are being systematically screwed and mount a class action suit. If you are an attorney, and are interested, please feel free to post something on this forum,

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

miss evey,

That's awesome to hear that you were interested in the service and I'd be happy to help!The credit/debit card is primarily used to verify which plan options you qualify for, although I understand how it can be frustrating when it seems as though you're being pushed into something.

I'll pass your feedback along so we can look into some improvements with that!

I encourage you to keep checking us out at dish.com for some information about our pricing and promotions to what looks of interest to you the most and to let me know if you have any questions.My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I'll enjoy hearing from you!

DanB@Dish Network

Acmecate, I'm sorry for the frustration this charge has caused you as well as our late reply. I will be more than happy to help you get to the bottom of this issue if it hasn't been resolved yet. Please email me at: Daniel.Busa@DISH.com for further assistance.

Daniel Busa

Social Media Representative

DISH, LLC

Tuesday-Saturday 2:45-11:15 PM MST

I called to order service i wanted to use prepaid card now i know why they need debit or credit card so they can chargse card. Well i said no. They really pushy and scarey.